Search similar:

uniqs

TekUser
@t4g.com

TekUser

Anon

[DSL] Discount not carrying over?

Hi,
I bought a DSL modem from canadacomputers in dec2011 and been using it since. This modem came with a 10% discount on monthly bill.
With the new rate changes I would like to shift from 6M to 15M but the customer support says they can not transfer my monthly discount. Why is that? I believe as long as I use the modem I should get the discount.
Also considering that they applied the discount when 5M was shifted to 6M.
Any help will be appreciated.
bjlockie
join:2007-12-16
Ontario
Technicolor TC4350
Asus RT-AC56
Grandstream HandyTone 702/704

bjlockie

said by TekUser :

Hi,
I bought a DSL modem from canadacomputers in dec2011 and been using it since. This modem came with a 10% discount on monthly bill.
With the new rate changes I would like to shift from 6M to 15M but the customer support says they can not transfer my monthly discount. Why is that? I believe as long as I use the modem I should get the discount.

They make the policy.
Stay at 6M if you want the discount.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_ to TekUser

Premium Member

to TekUser
said by TekUser :

The upgrade from 5Mbps to 6Mbps was a free upgrade that was given to customers, it was not a change in speed tiers.

TSI Keith
Premium Member
join:2012-07-09

TSI Keith to TekUser

Premium Member

to TekUser
Hello there,

I apologize, but no that discount cannot be kept. Essentially that discount pricing no longer exists and as such changing the service will cause it to fall off the account.

As already stated the change from 5 to 6 was different. It was an automatic change as the old 5Mb plan no longer exists. On top of the the change from 6M to 15M is not just a change of service on our end. Because it is a change to FTTN it is treated as an entirely new order.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you, but I hope this at least helps it make more sense.

Thank you,
Keith

TekUser
@teksavvy.com

TekUser

Anon

Thank you all for your replies. Guess I won't be keeping the discount then.