spc
uniqs
Robrr
join:2008-04-19

Robrr to Poser

to Poser

Re: [DSL] NEW RATES - Bell Ontario - Update

said by Poser:

So we can only rent modems at this point?

That's a shame!

Agreed!

I currently have a 6/0.8 connection and was seriously looking at 15/10 until I saw that $8 modem rental.

Might still make the jump to 15/1. At least I'll pick up some download speed and a tick more upload

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

15/10 costs less than 16/1 that I have including the modem rental. Seems like a pretty good deal.

TSI Pierre
Premium Member
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Pierre to Robrr

Premium Member

to Robrr
said by Robrr:

said by Poser:

That's a shame!

Agreed!

I currently have a 6/0.8 connection and was seriously looking at 15/10 until I saw that $8 modem rental.

Might still make the jump to 15/1. At least I'll pick up some download speed and a tick more upload

This will change in the near future, you will be able to purchase the modem.
Robrr
join:2008-04-19

Robrr

said by TSI Pierre:

said by Robrr:

said by Poser:

That's a shame!

Agreed!

Cool! I'll just wait then until this becomes reality. I'd much prefer to only have to pay the various upgrade costs once
CharlieB
join:2013-03-11
Ottawa, ON

CharlieB to TSI Pierre

to TSI Pierre
said by TSI Pierre:

Yay. Can't wait (even better would be to get a proper bridge-mode modem, not the Sagecom). (I notice that velcom.ca has a modem purchase option.)

I signed up yesterday. Will we be notified by email when modem purchase becomes possible?

Is it normal for the rebilling date to be set by the sign-up date, not by the installation date? Seems unfair to me to be paying a monthly rate for service while waiting one-two weeks for installation...

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan

Premium Member

Hi CharlieB,

To clarify how billing works, since we are a prepaid company, you will always pay 5 days prior to your original install date.

For example, sign up for service today and the activation is set for the 28th. As long as the activation is completed on the 28th, the due date will always be for the 21st of every month. The monthly cycle still remains from the 28th to the 27th of the next month.

In the event that you cancel, your cancellation date would be the 28th as you already prepaid all the way until the 28th.

Hopefully this clarifies your billing question.

Cheers,

TSI Jonathan
CharlieB
join:2013-03-11
Ottawa, ON

CharlieB

said by TSI Jonathan:

As long as the activation is completed on the 28th, the due date will always be for the 21st of every month. The monthly cycle still remains from the 28th to the 27th of the next month.

Thanks. One remaining clarification - what's the situation if the activation is delayed (i've been told it could be delayed up to 10 business days due to unforeseen circumstances).

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan

Premium Member

If it gets delayed, your activation date gets revised and your billing date is fixed accordingly.