uniqs
share rss forum feed

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3

ID needed to buy Liquid Drano?

Was in the Target in Crystal Lake last week and I bought two items. A bottle of Liquid Drano max (pictured), and a new USB Mouse.

When I got up to the cash register to check out, the woman scans the liquid drano, and the cash register makes this nifty little beep. The woman looks, and then asks if I have my Drivers License on me. I tell her I do, and pull out my wallet and show it to her. She then says "I have to scan it sir". So, I pull it out of my wallet and hand it to her. She scans it, the register makes another beep, and I guess all is then OK as she proceeds to scan my new USB Mouse.

I get my total, and pay my bill and then leave.

But, I have to ask the question: Why? Its Liquid Drano! Its not crazy glue or something.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

Jon
Premium
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

plencnerb
Premium
Carpentersville, IL
No kidding!

So, its not an age requirement then. Looks like its more of a way to "track" who buys it, when, and how often?

--Brian

insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium
join:2002-09-22
Naperville, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast
The state law was also trying to reduce the number of incidents where caustic chemicals were being used a weapon. There were some notable attacks where acid was thrown in the faces of people just walking down the street. Of course, the law had some unintended consequences. Legislators have claimed that this was only supposed to apply to high-concentration professional drain openers, not things like Drano that ordinary consumers would buy.

»capitolfax.com/2012/01/09/no-id- ··· equired/

»qctimes.com/news/local/illinois- ··· 3f4.html
--
If everything seems to be going well, you've obviously overlooked something.

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
They card for all kinds of stuff these days. I got carded by some teenager at HD to buy black spray paint. And I bought some MucinexD last month at walgreens and had to sign some agreement thing and they scanned my DL.

Do they card to buy "Dust Off" yet?

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
said by Jon:

I can honestly say i've been carded for dust off at office depot before. Made sure i was over 18. (No freaking clue..)
--
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult. The day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
Alden Nowlan

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
said by djdanska:

said by Jon:

I can honestly say i've been carded for dust off at office depot before. Made sure i was over 18. (No freaking clue..)

That's the crap kids are huffing and dieing from

Dennis
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL
kudos:5
said by Jon:

said by djdanska:

said by Jon:

That's the crap kids are huffing and dieing from

HO LE SHYT I thought you were kidding.

»www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/du ··· toff.asp

I once took a propane tank size thing of freon from a friend of a friend who had planned on huffing it but couldn't get the gas out easily. I honestly thought he was kidding.
--
My Blog. Because I desperately need the acknowledgement of others.

The Judd Family site!

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL

1 edit
said by Dennis:

HO LE SHYT I thought you were kidding.

Nope.
One was just reported yesterday

»northridge.patch.com/articles/13 ··· -cleaner

plencnerb
Premium
Carpentersville, IL
I knew about crazy glue and sniffing it to get high. I also know there was some way to use the ready whip container to get the same effect as huffing (I believe).

The world is full of crazies!

--Brian

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
It's the Co2 in the cans. They call them Whip-Its or something. Not sure how you actually do it. They also use the little CO cartridges like you would for a CO2 powered bb-gun. I don't know what it does to you. I have a big 5LB tank of co2 here for my kegs. Never thought about huffing it though.

Also just realized how I spelled dying. Thought I was on yahoo answers apparently.

Dennis
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL
kudos:5
I thought whipits were nitrous.

»www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ··· =whip-it

When wife worked as a cafe sup they had to keep track of the whipped cream gas canisters.

Clever_Proxy
Premium
join:2004-05-14
Villa Park, IL
reply to plencnerb
I was visiting my mom in Missouri not long ago and I had matches and sudafed in the check out at Wal-Mart. I was going camping with my brother. When the second item was scanned the cashier stopped and told me I couldn't buy them at the same time. It took me a while to put 2 and 2 together. Crazy world...