how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada

Can you get DSL or Cable with a Bell/Rogers balance?

A friend of mine asked me a question today; that I don't know the answer to...

If there's a balance outstanding with the underlying carrier (Bell or Rogers) - is it possible to get dry-loop or TPIA service from another ISP?

TSI Pierre
Baby, Wanna see what 300Gigs looks like?
Premium
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON
This is a separate account so there should not be any issues.
--
TSI Pierre - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Chief Operating Officer

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to LazMan
To clarify, if you have an outstanding balance with Bell, from what we've seen here in the past, Bell will refuse to process a TekSavvy order for DSL. The same with Rogers if you try to place an order through TekSavvy for cable. You'll have to pay down your balance first. But if you have a balance with Bell, Rogers won't refuse, and vice versa.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to LazMan
Balance outstanding is pretty vague. Are you talking about the final bill that just hasn't been paid yet? Or are we talking about an amount that is 30 days+ past due? If an account is severely delinquent, I can see why the incumbent may try to stop it, and it would be pretty easy for them to catch on. Whether they actually do that, or are allowed to do that is another question.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2
Well, you have to ask yourself why would you want to take on a customer that can't be bothered to pay his bills?

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada
reply to LazMan
She was pretty vague when she asked me the question; but based on past history with her dead-beat husband; I'm guessing 'outstanding' means high enough and old enough that bell and Rogers are threatening to cut off (or already have cut off) services...