Re: [Cable] Node congestion or NOT!?

Do you have a D3 or D2 modem?

Lifeforce
Heard, not seen
join:2002-05-27
canada

Lifeforce

D3 modem.

I don't give and take with my neighbours much as I don't see them. Most of the people in the area are seniors and it's usually lights out for them by around 9:00 pm.

Congestion aside, how do you explain the variance in speeds between servers? Especially since my best speed is from the farthest server?

Also, if congestion isn't constant then shouldn't I be able to at least see HALF of my advertised bandwidth at least some time during prime time?

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

4 edits

TypeS

TSI's own speedtest server is known to get hit too much during peak hours, it's an unreliable test for checking your speed level.

Likewise,going to many different servers doesn't really give much info,there are too many variables that could affect any server. My best speeds come from Beansfield or the servers in Hamilton, which logically going over the internet, are farther away then TSI's in Toronto (your data goes to Toronto first and the out the internet).

You should pick on server and due multiple test @ multiple times of the evening to set a pattern to see if congestion is occurring.

Tests done on the same servers in the same order as you posted: