how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Jay0911

join:2013-03-20

1 edit

Help needed connecting Actiontec ECB2200V

Hello guys I want to use the ECB2200V to allow my PS3 to be connected via Ethernet since my router is in the basement and I receive weak signals from the second floor. The problem I am having is that whenever I take the coax cable from the back of the STB and plug into the splitter I cant view certain channels and my guide eventually goes away because the box is offline. Sometimes I can get it to say Online but it still doesn't show certain channels. I have tried 3 different splitters and recently bought this one »www.amazon.com/RCA-DH24SPR-Two-B···splitter. Right now the only thing I can do is continue to unscrew the main coax wire from the back of the stb to the MoCA adapter when playing the PS3 and putting it back in the STB when watching tv. I am trying to avoid routing an ethernet from the basement to the 2nd floor. The coax wire is a PPC Perfect Flex 6 Series if that helps with anything. Is there a way I can have the MoCA adapter connected with the splitter and have my STB functioning correctly?

Jay0911

join:2013-03-20
Update on the situation: I went to radioshack and bought an AB switch and that has helped my situation.

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:32
reply to Jay0911
Sounds like you've got a bad coax.
Check your MOCA LAN stats.
»Verizon Online FiOS FAQ »How to check MOCA stats?

Please do this three times:
1) With A-B switch in the STB position.
2) With A-B switch in the ECB200 position.
3) With the splitter connected instead of the A-B switch.
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.