I Did It My Way
Premium
join:2001-04-07
Summerville, SC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·VoicePulse

Time Warner DVR's are just driving me crazy

Tonight I needed to record a 3rd show on the other DVR (Cisco 8742) and then decided to watch that show half way in while my primary DVR (8742) is recording two other shows.

The DVR is so damn stupid that when it begins to record two shows at once it stops your viewing of the shared show over the network. To add to this inconvenience it does not remember where it left off when it abruptly stops your viewing. Then I had to fast forward almost 2 hours to get back to where I wanted. But I overshot the FF a bit too far and then it hits the end and won't let you go back, you have to fast forward from the beginning again.

It just blows my mind that software can be so poorly designed and not fixed. There must be tons of complaints going into TWC and do they ever release fixes? I guess I am spoiled coming from a Verizon FIOS DVR and DirecTV DVR where they just worked as expected without dozens of bugs.

Defiance82
Computer Elite
Premium
join:2002-09-11
Burlington, WI

That's why I use a Tivo Premiere XL4. It has 4 tuners built in the box.

mm
I Did It My Way
Premium
join:2001-04-07
Summerville, SC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·VoicePulse

said by Defiance82:

I think I might have to go that way. I don't use the demand stuff. How much is the cable card from TWC?

nephipower

join:2012-02-20
San Antonio, TX

in San Antonio it is $2

MeInDallas

join:2001-08-17
Dallas, TX
reply to mm

I'm definately waiting it out until the new 6 tuner DVR comes out this year.

Defiance82
Computer Elite
Premium
join:2002-09-11
Burlington, WI
reply to mm

It's $2.50 in Wisconsin and they provide a free tuner for SDV channels too.

nephipower

join:2012-02-20
San Antonio, TX
reply to MeInDallas

said by MeInDallas:

I have heard a few mentions of this 6 tuner DVR that is suppose to becoming out this year.

What is everything that we know about this tuner?

Do we know the make and model of it?

Anything else that might be of interest?

MeInDallas

Dallas, TX

said by nephipower:

said by MeInDallas:

I have heard a few mentions of this 6 tuner DVR that is suppose to becoming out this year.

What is everything that we know about this tuner?

Do we know the make and model of it?

Anything else that might be of interest?

I'm in the dark just like you. I've heard a few mentions of Pace and then found a press release that its going to be a Motorola DCX3600 video gateway.

»mediacenter.motorola.com/Press-R···705.aspx

Theres a lot of articles out there saying its going to come the second half of 2013, but I guess that could always get pushed back some. Right now I'm using a Ceton 4 tuner card in an HTPC setup which is really nice, but I'd love to get 6 tuners going.

ernliz

join:2001-11-25
Albemarle, NC
reply to mm

I agree with the OP, mm. My first TWC DVR, a Samsung I think, would lock up constantly. I recently got a Cisco 8642 and it bombed on me last night -- had to reboot. Yes, I've been told it's probably the software, but the hardware is a player. And TWC never seems to get the hint. Talking with the clueless reps at the local TWC store is frustrating. I don't think they can spell TWC.
Dish is looking better all the time.

ds5v50

join:2003-01-22
Fremont, OH
reply to Defiance82

said by Defiance82:

Is there a Tivo forum I could ask questions at? I don't want to step on TWC forum toes asking a question about Tivo's
--
Fremont, Ohio Weather
»www.Fremont-OH-weather.com

MeInDallas

Dallas, TX

Go to Tivocommunity.com

ds5v50

join:2003-01-22
Fremont, OH

thank you.