join:2003-10-19
Alpharetta, GA

XtremepH

New Speeds in South FL

LaxerFL
join:2013-03-06

1 edit

LaxerFL

My download speeds have not increased but my upstream has doubled. I'm in North Fort Myers.
I was on 25/4 and I usually saw 33/6 at off peak times. Today, after power cycling the modem and router, I'm still getting 33 down but my up has gone to 10.86...

Wondering when my downstream will go up?
LaxerFL

LaxerFL

Well, I called Comcast and my modem is too old for the new speeds, not DOCSIS 3. I went to the office to trade it in and was told that because we get our telephone through Comcast, they can't switch my modem out in the office. It has to be mailed to me... for $10 shipping... and it takes 5 to 7 business days... BOOO!!! I want my free speed increase NOW lol!
I also checked on the pricing for the new Extreme Tier. My Blast Tier costs $38 a month in the triple play package we have. To get the Extreme Tier I would have to drop the Triple Play, pay $99 a month for the Extreme and redo a Double Play package for TV and Phone. For some reason, Extreme is not available in a Triple Play package...

Whatever, 50/10 is good enough I guess... Not really though, I would love 105/20!! But that is stupid expensive.