how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

pnyxxpress

join:2008-11-20
Valles Mines, MO
reply to pnyxxpress

Re: Big River Broadband Now Available in eastern Missouri

It took a couple of calls but I'm now getting 5 meg download on the 5 meg service plan..

TonyKZ1

join:2010-04-08
Marble Hill, MO
glad to see that it's somewhat working for you. I wonder if they are remotely accessing the modem to fix/change settings? Or if the issues are just in their tower(s). The "Home and Garden Show" at the Show-Me Center was this weekend in Cape Girardeau, I wonder how many people signed up for BRT's service.
Tony

pnyxxpress

Valles Mines, MO
They can remotely access the modem. They actually have access to more settings than I can see locally. Whatever they did to fix the problem required me to power cycle. So far everything is working well. I had the same IP address all weekend. No drops or performance issues even with the the snow.

alex14464

join:2004-11-11
Bonne Terre, MO
dose anyone know what the login and password are to theses modems? I would like to change the wifi SSID and password thanks

pnyxxpress

Valles Mines, MO
Mine was real secure. not!
user
password

pnyxxpress

Valles Mines, MO
So far so good. Only the occasional hiccup that requires a modem power cycle. I still haven't had a chance to raise my antenna. Hopefully this weekend.

On another note. My wife's AT&T phone recently started connecting 4G LTE. We didn't expect to see this for another year or so. I can't help to wonder if is because of the Big River Wireless buildout..

pnyxxpress

Valles Mines, MO
Update. After the initial issues with download speeds and disconnects everything is performing really good. I have now had the same IP for 3 weeks so it hasn't dropped. Every time I do a speed test I'm getting at least what my plan is advertised. Good luck to everyone.