spc
uniqs

Gevurah
join:2013-02-22
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to Exodus

to Exodus

Re: Mech Warrior Online

That behavior will likely stay, TBH. One bug they fixed was legs weren't taking damage from missiles.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

LRMs getting fixed in 40 minutes. I cannot wait.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

10am PDT - so not until 1p est

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Oh well.

I'm working from home today, so I will take my lunch hour after 1pm then...

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Your tears fuel my XL.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Now make it your sig
Krisnatharok

Krisnatharok to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
said by Gevurah:

That behavior will likely stay, TBH. One bug they fixed was legs weren't taking damage from missiles.

On another topic, I was very happy with our games last night, even with me being in my top mech (the DDC) and you being in the group, I feel like we did pretty well against our opponents.

Except Jobbie, who has this bad habit of having someone use homing PPCs against his cockpit.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
Kinda already did that, though my mech only takes unleaded brony tears.
Gevurah

Gevurah

Side note - this has to be the wonkiest, most inconsistent board software I've ever seen. I mean seriously? How hard is it to make a working forum that doesn't act like microsoft software?

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

You talking about qreplies? I don't use them at all, the site has eaten too many epic posts. Just click the regular reply button and use the repreview button prior to posting to ensure the site "got" your text.

Kinda dumb, but we've been asking for a mobile app for years, as well.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

Now make it your sig

No, I love watching people correct about what MLK did or didn't say.
Exodus

Exodus to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
It's been LRM city the last few nights.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

said by Krisnatharok:

Now make it your sig

No, I love watching people correct about what MLK did or didn't say.

"It's on the internet, so it must be true."
- Abraham Lincoln

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

1 edit

Koil

Premium Member

It's true.

Bonjour, motherfucker.

Energystream
Premium Member
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
After you left I modified the Pretty Baby to have a second LRM15,
Load out was
2 LRM 15, 4 ton ammo
ER PPC
small laser
tag laser
Ams

I thought it worked pretty well all around, but on the new map it was great.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

Built a 'utility build' for Raven's ... raven. Posted over at 1sthussars page here: »1sthussars.ihostinghq.co ··· uild-lvi

C&P of post:
With the transition of the Raven from unhittable brawl-machine to it's original intended role of 'the ultimate scout mech', I've been working with Raven to put together a build that will allow maximum utility given the variety of maps we've been seeing lately. This way you're a benefit to the team as a scout but also able to fit a variety of roles without sacrificing much.

»mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechl ... c3c2c2968f929beb88ca

Features:
Max speed 295 XL engine.
Ferro fibrous, Endo, DHS.

1xLRM5 (for long range support).
1xSSRM2 (For close range brawling).
2xSmall lasers (For utility/close defense).
1xTAG (For target spotting/scouting).
1xGuardian ECM.
1xAMS (see below)

Ammo:
2 tons LRM ammo. This is going to last a long, long time with an LRM5. We're talking 360 rounds here. That's 72 salvos.
1 ton SSRM ammo. This mech is not going to be a power brawler, but should be able to help with close range 'finishing' of mechs. 50 salvos.
1 ton AMS ammo.

Armor:

Why AMS?
Several reasons:
1) AMS can shoot down enemy SSRMs. This enhances survivability.
2) With TAG being mandatory equipment for an LRM boat, it means ECM equipped mechs are still vulnerable. This helps with that too. A LRM boat can 1-shot a raven with a clean hit without AMS.
3) AMS stacks with other teammates AMS. So this is a very team oriented item.
4) AMS is likely to be buffed soon.
5) When you are 'light swarming' or ECM jamming an enemy LRM equipped mech it will shoot down their missiles as they go out.

How to play:
Traditional scout role - keeping around 750-500m, tagging targets, calling shots, shooting LRMS for fire support.
Harrasser - Ducking in and out of buildings and popping quick shots with lasers and SSRMs.
ECM shutdown of enemy LRM boats - With AMS & ECM this is a very solid anti-LRM mech. You can kill them with impunity.
Support mech - This is more the role of sitting with your team, providing ECM bubble support for them. So instead of scouting, running as part of the pack. This is NOT something you could do with the standard 3ML/2SSRM build because you'd be forced to leave the pack to go into 'striker' mode.

He's going to try it out tonight and see how it fares.

Energystream
Premium Member
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream

Premium Member

AMS is definately worth the 2 tons or whatever, it's not much.

With the nerf to LRM, multiple AMS can gimp the small to medium volleys. If two LRM boats are coordinated it will still be tough stopping 100+ missiles.

That is an interesting utility build, little bit of everything.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

It's what I'd run if I were trying to be a scout raven.

AMS currently will shoot down:

approx 4 missiles of every LRM volley every 2 seconds. so 4/5 lrm5, 4/10 lrm10, 4/60 LRM20x3, etc. If they're spaced out though like LRM15+space+LRM15+space+LRM15 you'll shoot 4 of each.

Shoots down about "1.8" (per dev) SSRM's from 200m.

I find that it hits about 1 missile. Which for my spider is massively important. It works better when the SSRMs glitch and spin around you.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to Energystream

Premium Member

to Energystream
Yeah, I've tried equipping my Jenner F with AMS by dropping 1 med laser, and replacing another med with a small.

Less firepower, but the AMS with speed and ducking behind cover helped me survive a couple of volleys of LRM before I went boom... Which is something, conspiring I would die from a single volley of LRMs after the patch, but before AMS.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
IMO, if you're going to scout, you should have jump jets. You're taking the brawler out of the mech and you need ways to escape light brawler mechs. You aren't going to out-nuke them.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

The brawlers will be less of an issue once splash damage is removed from SSRMs.
As it is, I already out brawl most raven pilots. They only beat me because of friends or because of streak's ridiculous damage from that splash bug. And that's on my spider :P

It's a play style change, sure. The mech was NEVER a brawler - it only became a brawler because they bugfixed the thing. But TBH this is more the speed of how older Raven builds were in MW4 - because that's how the mech was designed to be - the ultimate scout mech.

The new light brawlers will be jenners and commandos - which is how it should be.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

IMO, if you're going to scout, you should have jump jets. You're taking the brawler out of the mech and you need ways to escape light brawler mechs. You aren't going to out-nuke them.

What are you going to play with both LRM boats and ravens (and SRMs in general) being fixed?

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

I have my Ilya and I'm saving up for a DDC (eventually).

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
WoW or LoL?

More seriously - LRM's will still be powerful. They always are - it's a staple of battletech. Just not broken lol. Their current iteration is like an orbital nuke.

TBH I don't mind powerful LRMs as much - it just forces you to use cover better.

Beyond that he could always try a PPC boat. I'm digging my cataphract w/ 2ERPPC's and 2PPC's. Chain fire 7-10 times until shutdown or alpha 2x for a shutdown. Laugh as shit blows up, shut off a DDC's ECM indefinitely, etc.
Gevurah

Gevurah to Exodus

to Exodus
Expect phract's like the ilya to get a buff soon. The quirks for it should buff it since it's underrepresented.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I will wait to see tonight the fix on the LRMs last night it was really rough I had to switch to my x-5 to be able to outrun those things.
Jobbie

Jobbie to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

Except Jobbie, who has this bad habit of having someone use homing PPCs against his cockpit.

It was really stupid, I poke my head out, see Stalker, aim and bam two PPCs in the face.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

1 recommendation

ekster

Premium Member

said by Jobbie:

said by Krisnatharok:

It was really stupid, I poke my head out, see Stalker, aim and bam two PPCs in the face.

You got to lose that hat, Jobbie...

Now where was that pic Gev found...

Ah, got it!

ekster

ekster

Premium Member

And the patch is about to hit the servers!

»mwomercs.com/forums/topi ··· owntime/

Most importantly

LRMs drop from 1.8 damage per missile to 0.7 damage per missile.
SRMs drop from 2.5 damage per missile to 1.5 damage per missile.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

1 recommendation

Jobbie to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
said by ekster:

said by Jobbie:

said by Krisnatharok:

You got to lose that hat, Jobbie...

Now where was that pic Gev found...

Ah, got it!

People is just jealous of my awesome hat.