J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to loosedobbs

Premium Member

to loosedobbs

Re: Guelph Police Officer died while on duty.

said by loosedobbs:

Oh Man. Not that drama with shutting down the whole city. overrunning with 20K police force from allover.
She is not this only one died in the country. As much I love what they do I hate this kind of show.

Now that I think of this accident Was this attempted suicide?

I have to wonder too. How much does this cost all of the police forces to send these officers from all over North America? I'm guessing this is costing the tax payers in Canada and the US well over $3 million...just for the policing. (assuming 6,000 officers)

As for the accident, I gather she was driving recklessly and lost control and hit an unmovable object, City of Guelph transit bus -- she hit the front end of the bus with the passenger side of police vehicle, so I imagine her head hit the driving side window....

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

2 recommendations

LazMan

Premium Member

said by J E F F4:

said by loosedobbs:

Oh Man. Not that drama with shutting down the whole city. overrunning with 20K police force from allover.
She is not this only one died in the country. As much I love what they do I hate this kind of show.

I have to wonder too. How much does this cost all of the police forces to send these officers from all over North America? I'm guessing this is costing the tax payers in Canada and the US well over $3 million...just for the policing. (assuming 6,000 officers)

Not this shit again...

Most are there on their own time, and own dime; the travel expenses are typically covered personally, or by their union or association.

Show some God damn respect for someone who died helping those in need.

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

Plenty of good people die daily who aren't shown any respect, but I understand this "brotherhood".

Regardless, though, this tragedy was preventable.
J E F F4

J E F F4 to LazMan

Premium Member

to LazMan
I'll also add that plenty of officers have actually died while in the line of duty, being either run over or shot to death by gangsters or whatever, leaving behind a wife and 3 kids, aren't shown this level of respect, at least not around here.

Although I hate to point it out, if you're a 45 year old male, married with kids, your death isn't as worthy if you're a 26 year old single hottie. Not saying that to be rude, just pointing out the obvious.

I also wonder if this had been a fire truck that lost control or an ambulance, if the police wouldn't be making a public inquiry out of it.

LazMan
Premium Member
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan

Premium Member

Officer Kovach is the 3rd Police LODD in Canada this year; there was only 5 line of duty deaths in Canada last year; 3 in 2011. I'll argue there aren't "plenty" of line of duty death's, period. And that's a good thing.

In my experience any LoDD for a first responder, should be regarded highly... I freely admit I'm biased. I'm a Firefighter, my dad was a Firefighter, my uncle was a Cop; my father-in-law was a cop.

The men and woman who risk their lives, to protect others, deserve the every bit of respect, pomp, circumstance, and honour that can be given to them; should they die in the line.

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

Not going no disagree there. But there usually isn't all this pomp and circumstance for other LoDD's that I've seen. I'm sure you remember Listowel, super tragedy, and some pomp, but not nearly as much circumstance, it made a 3 minute clip, but that was it. It also was investigated.

LazMan
Premium Member
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan

Premium Member

I was at Listowel, and marched in the parade.

There was somewhere around 10,000 firefighters there; I personally saw firefighters from Alberta, Ontario, Quebec, and the US. Covered live on several news channels...

It was investigated by the Ministry of Labour; as this accident likely well, as well.

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

Funeral ended up costing the tax payers $163,000

»kitchener.ctvnews.ca/fun ··· .1242456

$77,000 over budget. Part of it was "promotional material".