Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to Shikomu

Premium Member

to Shikomu

Re: [Issue] TekTalk - Outbound Calls

Hi Shikomu,

So here is the situation, I think we misinformed you on how this really should have happened to avoid this entire situation.

Since you were looking to test waters before porting your number over, what we should have offered you from the get go is to place an order to port your number but dated far enough out, allowing you to make a decision. When we place a port order, a Temporary DID is associated to your account which you can use while your number is being ported. This way, you could have tested it and cancelled the port if you didn't like it.

For some reason, and I believe it was due to our miss communication to you, we went down the route of providing you an order for a new number. The problem with this is that when it comes time to port your number, we need to create a new order (OID) to trigger the port mechanism. When this is done, it generates new charges.

I will make sure the associate is coached out to provide clear expectations on how this should of happened.

To keep things simple now that the wrong process was followed, once we cancel the "new number" you have with us that you are currently testing with, I will simply just credit the amount paid to your ported number account.

Let me know if that makes sense. Perhaps just PM me when your ported number is functional on TekTalk and I will make sure the above gets done.

Also, FYI, Rizwaan is working to ensure that the feature you requested on the "new number" is enabled shortly.

Cheers,

Andre
johnboy105
join:2008-11-27
Kitchener, ON

johnboy105

Thanks for explaining this Andre - I'm actually considering doing the same thing as Shikomu and was a little weary of what the process would be in a "testing it out first" situation.

One question though, with this idea that you've stated here (to put the date of the port itself "far enough out"), what would be the limit on this? Would we have the ability to set what ever we want, or is it going to be only a week or so? My thought is that anything up to 3 months should be accepted, in order to provide a really through test (I've had other VoIP services in the past and have been burned on it even after two months of working great).

Thanks.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

I believe its 1 month.

The reason for this is that the provider being ported from must receive proper notification and anything more than 1 month out can start affecting billing cycles.

Cheers,

Andre
TSI Andre

TSI Andre to johnboy105

Premium Member

to johnboy105
Also, ultimately, if you want to test longer you could do it like it happened to Shikomu however just align the port with the "new number" billing cycle so you wont end up paying for two services simultaneously.

Andre
johnboy105
Kitchener, ON

johnboy105

Thanks Andre. Understandable with the notification aspect, but could that point potential change, if the old provider (in my case POTS) is yourselves?

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

It ultimately has the possibility of change but for POTS, we use Bell and ultimately they receive the port requests and notify us. I don't believe they accept more than 30 days out and they may just reject it for that reason.
johnboy105
Kitchener, ON

johnboy105

Ah, ok. Good to know and thanks!

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

No problem

Shikomu
join:2007-11-16
Ontario

Shikomu to TSI Andre

to TSI Andre
Thanks for the explanation. So just to get this straight Ive been on tektalk since xxxx. Paid for 1 month. On April 2nd I get Ported and New Tektalk Service starts. I then pay for that 1 month ahead and Cancel Current Service and any money left over from that Service gets credited to new Service correct ?

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

NP. Essentially, on April 3rd, once you confirm your port is working, I will cancel the first order that you don't need and credit you what you paid there

Shikomu
join:2007-11-16
Ontario

Shikomu

Thanks Andre. Now my other Ticket to setup "Unavailable call forward" this was requested for current Tektalk Number will I need to request again for new Ported Number on April 3rd ?

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

Yes sir.