All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
chabu
join:2002-01-16

chabu

Costco- American Express Card

Since Xmas of last year. I have purchased 3 Tvs ( sammy 46", sammys 32") from Costco. I had to return all of them back due to various technical issues. Costco just credited them back to American express card. Just a week ago, I purchased a 55" Sony smart TV from Costco again and found that it had sound volume issues. I am going to return this unit back tomorrow and Costco will credit it back to my American express card. I usually use my VISA card and only use Amercan express for Costco purchases.The problem is that there will be a large credit balance on the American express card by end of tomorrow. Is it possible to ask American Express to cash out most of this credit balance balance for me? After all , it is my money and i dont it to be tied up as a credit on my card. Thanks

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

Call AMEX and ask.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to chabu

Premium Member

to chabu
Google is your friend...

»search.americanexpress.c ··· a_id/892
quote:
How do I request a credit balance refund?

If you need to request a Credit Balance Refund, the easiest way is to visit americanexpress.com/inquirycenter. Once here, click on "Open a new inquiry" and then select "I have a credit balance on my account". You only need to answer a few questions and your request is complete.

chabu

chabu

Thanks for the information...
Never done this previously---hope that I dont get a run-around from AMEX

corster
Premium Member
join:2002-02-23
Oshawa, ON

2 recommendations

corster to chabu

Premium Member

to chabu
Must be nice to just rent a new TV every week...

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to chabu

Premium Member

to chabu
if you want a new TV with good sound, good luck...no one has decent audio in a TV any more because everyone uses something external nowadays.

unless you get this: »www.bose.ca/controller?u ··· ndex.jsp
chabu

chabu to corster

to corster
Thanks...
but I found out later that the units that i returned turned out to be open boxes i.e units that other people had used and returned to the store...
Am sure that you would do the same.....unless you got money hanging out of pockets

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

how do you know they were previously returned?...most items that get returned to Costco go back to the vendor (if they are opened)...as well, if it was opened, it should be pretty obvious from a visual inspection if it is a repack (meaning, grab a different box).
telco_mtl
join:2012-01-06

telco_mtl to chabu

to chabu
said by chabu:

Thanks...
but I found out later that the units that i returned turned out to be open boxes i.e units that other people had used and returned to the store...
Am sure that you would do the same.....unless you got money hanging out of pockets

around here from what ive seen costco doesnt re-stock. once every couple of months a warehouse here sells costco returns cheap. From what ive seen companies pay for salvage rights to costco returns

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

to dirtyjeffer0
said by dirtyjeffer0:

if you want a new TV with good sound, good luck...no one has decent audio in a TV any more because everyone uses something external nowadays.
unless you get this: »www.bose.ca/controller?u ··· ndex.jsp

My 42" LG has fantastic in-built sound. My 32" and 51" Samsungs do not. The LG is on its own in the bedroom so the decent sound helps a lot, whereas the 51" Samsung is in the living room with a 7.1 surround sound system.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

My 52" Sharp LCD has great speakers, almost like the grafted a sound bar under it.

corster
Premium Member
join:2002-02-23
Oshawa, ON

corster to telco_mtl

Premium Member

to telco_mtl
said by telco_mtl:

said by chabu:

Thanks...

around here from what ive seen costco doesnt re-stock. once every couple of months a warehouse here sells costco returns cheap. From what ive seen companies pay for salvage rights to costco returns

Yeah, i've never seen costco put opened merchandise back out on to the floor.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to chabu

Premium Member

to chabu
damn dude you must have some god awful luck with tv's or something with so many bad. I've never seen costco put stuff back maybe cloths but hell you can't even exchange anything there they just refund ya.

My Samsung has good sound well if you ask me anyway. Reviews said it sucked but is fine for watching TV use my 10 year old DD/DTS receiver for everything else. I do seem to remember going into the settings and changing a thing or two too make the sound better.
chabu

chabu to corster

to corster
The floor guy told me about it..
Also he showed me that the boxes were not in the original packing....even the ones on the floor...
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1 to chabu

Premium Member

to chabu
said by chabu:

Thanks for the information...
Never done this previously---hope that I dont get a run-around from AMEX

This is a simple matter, and AMEX is a very customer-oriented company.

Thingamajig
Premium Member
join:2004-11-03
B.C.

1 recommendation

Thingamajig to chabu

Premium Member

to chabu
Something smells here. 3 TV's??? Do you know how to set them up?
As to the audio. Who knows what the hell the dumasses at the cable tv head ends are doing these days. They sure can't balance the audio anymore. Its all over the place. Change a channel, you have to raise or drop the audio.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
said by Gone:

My 42" LG has fantastic in-built sound.

Both my LG's (an older (5-6 years) 37" and a 2 year old 47") sound great - the older of the two probably is the better... It basically has a sound-bar as part of the TV frame, below the screen. It's bulky, it's not real pretty, but it sounds and works pretty damn good.
said by elwoodblues:

My 52" Sharp LCD has great speakers, almost like the grafted a sound bar under it.

I have a 32" Sharp LCD in the master bedroom. Sounds like crap.

It's wall-mounted in the bedroom, so Hi-Fi isn't exactly a deal breaker - but I wouldn't be very likely to put another Sharp in anywhere else, either.

QuantumPimp
join:2012-02-19

QuantumPimp to Thingamajig

to Thingamajig
said by Thingamajig:

Something smells here. 3 TV's??? Do you know how to set them up?

Some people want technology that works perfectly. Check out AVSForum and you'll see a lot of people behaving exactly as OP.

I know most plasmas eventually become an annoying buzz generator. Larger displays can have uniformity issues, or bleed through in the back-lighting. If you check enough stuff eventually you'll find a problem. Most vendors stress price over quality. This is reflected not just in the manufacturing process but in the engineering and materials design too.

Looking for the perfect TV almost becomes a hobby. Still, all those returns must be expensive.

capdjq
Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

capdjq to chabu

Premium Member

to chabu
If you paid the bills there should be no problem getting the money refunded. It might take a couple of weeks.
chabu

chabu

bills are paid up and on time also
chabu

chabu to QuantumPimp

to QuantumPimp
Not sure whats wrong with my behaviour. Only asking for stuff that should work correctly and completely...after all I am paying good hard earned money....

Thingamajig
Premium Member
join:2004-11-03
B.C.

1 recommendation

Thingamajig to chabu

Premium Member

to chabu
How do you go from a 46" to a 32" to a 55" and say you have a TV problem? You have a consumer problem in that you don't know what the hell you want. Do your homework first then buy, then if you get a lemon you'd still be exchanging for the same model TV. You're just jerking a retailers chain.

Pretty much all Costco returns here on the west coast end up at MTF stores. I've bought some pretty good stuff through MTF at 50% of the Costco price. Some stuff like electronics is fully warrantied but personally I wouldn't go near it.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

1 recommendation

dirtyjeffer0 to chabu

Premium Member

to chabu
i've listened/played with tons of new TVs...i wouldn't say any of them have good audio to them...of course, it may be perspective, because what some may consider to be good, and what i consider to be good are likely to be very different.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to LazMan

Premium Member

to LazMan
said by LazMan:

It's wall-mounted in the bedroom, so Hi-Fi isn't exactly a deal breaker - but I wouldn't be very likely to put another Sharp in anywhere else, either.

I've been looking for a new TV for the basement and frankly I wouldn't touch even the TOL LED . They just look "fake". I'll wait for the new Panasonic Plasmas to show up, i'll even consider the Samsung ones too.

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly to chabu

to chabu
what happens if your credit card got cancelled or the number got changed? they claim they need the origional card, what if u tell them it was cancelled, do they have to refund you in cash?

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by Pauly:

what happens if your credit card got cancelled or the number got changed? they claim they need the origional card, what if u tell them it was cancelled, do they have to refund you in cash?

You use the new card. The account is far less important than the payment type.

A cancelled credit card number can also still be used to apply payments and refunds to an account. It just can't be used for payments.

Pauly
canada

Pauly

when i mean cancelled, the card was completely returned to the bank, the account was closed up, ie long gone. there is no account. how do they apply refund to a non-existant account? i had a card which was only opened for a contract employment term, after employment ceased, the card stopped working, but it was under my name, but it was cancelled completely, if i bought a fridge and want to return it, where does the money go? oviously not to me? who gets it?

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

You use a different card of the same type for the refund, or have to jump through hoops with management to verify the purchase is legitimate and have a cheque cut for your refund that you'll receive in 7-10 days. It is highly unlikely you would *ever* receive cash from the till for a returned credit card purchase due to the potential for fraud.

Pauly
canada

Pauly

i find the retailer is more likely to commit FRAUD by not returning my money which i am entitled to. im not going to go and open a new american express card and put a hit on my credit score just to refund a 500 dollar refridgerator

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
said by Gone:

You use a different card of the same type for the refund, or have to jump through hoops with management to verify the purchase is legitimate and have a cheque cut for your refund that you'll receive in 7-10 days. It is highly unlikely you would *ever* receive cash from the till for a returned credit card purchase due to the potential for fraud.

Confirmed. This is what happens. Probably longer than 10 days.