how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

chabu

join:2002-01-16
reply to QuantumPimp

Re: Costco- American Express Card

Not sure whats wrong with my behaviour. Only asking for stuff that should work correctly and completely...after all I am paying good hard earned money....

Thingamajig
Premium
join:2004-11-03
B.C.

1 recommendation

reply to chabu

How do you go from a 46" to a 32" to a 55" and say you have a TV problem? You have a consumer problem in that you don't know what the hell you want. Do your homework first then buy, then if you get a lemon you'd still be exchanging for the same model TV. You're just jerking a retailers chain.

Pretty much all Costco returns here on the west coast end up at MTF stores. I've bought some pretty good stuff through MTF at 50% of the Costco price. Some stuff like electronics is fully warrantied but personally I wouldn't go near it.
--
Some hero's wear capes, mine wear combat boots.

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

1 recommendation

reply to chabu

i've listened/played with tons of new TVs...i wouldn't say any of them have good audio to them...of course, it may be perspective, because what some may consider to be good, and what i consider to be good are likely to be very different.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to LazMan

said by LazMan:

It's wall-mounted in the bedroom, so Hi-Fi isn't exactly a deal breaker - but I wouldn't be very likely to put another Sharp in anywhere else, either.

I've been looking for a new TV for the basement and frankly I wouldn't touch even the TOL LED . They just look "fake". I'll wait for the new Panasonic Plasmas to show up, i'll even consider the Samsung ones too.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada
reply to chabu

what happens if your credit card got cancelled or the number got changed? they claim they need the origional card, what if u tell them it was cancelled, do they have to refund you in cash?
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

said by Paolo:

what happens if your credit card got cancelled or the number got changed? they claim they need the origional card, what if u tell them it was cancelled, do they have to refund you in cash?

You use the new card. The account is far less important than the payment type.

A cancelled credit card number can also still be used to apply payments and refunds to an account. It just can't be used for payments.

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

canada

when i mean cancelled, the card was completely returned to the bank, the account was closed up, ie long gone. there is no account. how do they apply refund to a non-existant account? i had a card which was only opened for a contract employment term, after employment ceased, the card stopped working, but it was under my name, but it was cancelled completely, if i bought a fridge and want to return it, where does the money go? oviously not to me? who gets it?
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

You use a different card of the same type for the refund, or have to jump through hoops with management to verify the purchase is legitimate and have a cheque cut for your refund that you'll receive in 7-10 days. It is highly unlikely you would *ever* receive cash from the till for a returned credit card purchase due to the potential for fraud.

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

canada

i find the retailer is more likely to commit FRAUD by not returning my money which i am entitled to. im not going to go and open a new american express card and put a hit on my credit score just to refund a 500 dollar refridgerator
--

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
reply to Gone

said by Gone:

You use a different card of the same type for the refund, or have to jump through hoops with management to verify the purchase is legitimate and have a cheque cut for your refund that you'll receive in 7-10 days. It is highly unlikely you would *ever* receive cash from the till for a returned credit card purchase due to the potential for fraud.

Confirmed. This is what happens. Probably longer than 10 days.
--
The irony of common sense, it is not that common.
I cannot deny anything I did not say.
A kitten dies every time someone uses "then" and "than" incorrectly.
I mock people who give their children odd spelling of names.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to Paolo

said by Paolo:

i find the retailer is more likely to commit FRAUD by not returning my money which i am entitled to.

It's not "your" money when you make a purchase using a credit card. The company refunding the money has every right to engage in due diligence to ensure that you aren't scamming them before processing a refund. If you don't like it, tough. Pay by cash or debit next time instead.

QuantumPimp

join:2012-02-19
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to chabu

said by chabu:

Not sure whats wrong with my behaviour. Only asking for stuff that should work correctly and completely...after all I am paying good hard earned money....

Absolutely nothing wrong. TV manufacturers have raced to the bottom in terms of price and quality. In that race sales have correspondingly moved from personalized, to box stores, to on-line. If your goal is quality you have to work for it - just as you are doing.

FYI wholesale stores are affiliating in order to identify and track discerning customers and to tailor the return policy upon purchase. The goal is to prevent multiple returns in a given time period.

There's no need for anyone to pity the manufacturers or the retailers. I hope you get your cash back.

chabu

Why do you say that?
You think that I will not get my money back????

QuantumPimp

join:2012-02-19
Reviews:
·voip.ms

said by chabu:

Why do you say that?
You think that I will not get my money back????

Sorry, poor choice of wording. I'm sure you'll get your money back.

IamGimli

join:2004-02-28
Canada
kudos:2
reply to PX Eliezer

said by PX Eliezer:

said by chabu:

Never done this previously---hope that I dont get a run-around from AMEX

This is a simple matter, and AMEX is a very customer-oriented company.

They used to be but that is no longer the case.

I cancelled my account with them recently over a $60 fraudulent charge that they wouldn't credit me. After escalating I got the Bell retention treatment from them where they promised to give me a "customer satisfaction" credit instead, which never showed up.

I'd been with them for 20 years and they lost me over a $60 fraud. I've had other issues with them over the last year when a cancelled card number (due to the Monoprice credit card leak) suddenly started getting charges applied to it two years after getting cancelled and they were passing those charges down to me. Had to call them 4-5 times before they fessed-up that those charges were being made to the cancelled card, which should never have been processed.

They frankly suck as far as customer support goes nowadays.

chabu

oh boy...not happy to hear that...
guess I will be in a huge fight next week with them....

PX Eliezer
Morrow Project fan
Premium
join:2013-03-10
Outland
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Optimum Voice
·callwithus
·Callcentric
reply to IamGimli

said by IamGimli:

said by PX Eliezer:

This is a simple matter, and AMEX is a very customer-oriented company.

They used to be but that is no longer the case....

....They frankly suck as far as customer support goes nowadays.

Sorry to hear that.

I haven't had any disputes with them up or down, but I do know that they have been firing large numbers of employees every year for the last 12 years .