uniqs
share rss forum feed

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON

Multiple powers of attorney

Does anyone know if someone can give more than one person a power of attorney, or is it like a will where only the most recent one is valid?

twizlar
I dont think so.
Premium
join:2003-12-24
Brantford, ON
kudos:3
You can appoint multiples if you want. You can even specify how their decisions will be made (majority, unanimously, etc).
--
Broadline Networks Inc.

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON
I guess I'm not meaning on the same power of attorney. I mean, if I sign one power of attorney to one or more people, and then some time later I sign another one, is the earlier one still valid or does the new one automatically revoke the old one (like with a will)?

twizlar
I dont think so.
Premium
join:2003-12-24
Brantford, ON
kudos:3
reply to Styvas
I'm fairly certain the newest version of the one that is used.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
join:2002-09-10
canada
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to Styvas
Not sure about ON, but in QC we have something called mandatory, that through a simple document signed by both parties, you can grant a mandate to someone to act on your behalf for very specific things that you spell out in the mandate. You can even specify the expiry date of the mandate, if you so choose.
I bring it up as an alternative.
Someone I know went on vacation at the same time as selling their house, and gave complete signing power relating to the sale to another person.
I drew up the document.
I am not a lawyer.
There were no legal costs.
There were no problems.
--
~ Project Hope ~

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to Styvas
You can also have power of attorney for specific areas.

I have power of attorney for my grandmother for a single account so that I can pay her bills if she's in the hospital, for example.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org