spc
uniqs

Tilfer
@bhn.net

Tilfer to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert

Re: BHN price?

Sorry to asking you again, but in case this slipped by, I want to be correctly educated......as to where I was not correct. Another member replied advising Motorola has not manufactured MTA's for several years, my neighbor who has Verizon informed me his MTA was Motorola so perhaps he misinformed me.

New out of the Box MTA's (Internet-Lightning\Phone.....) BHN only has the Ubee currently available.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Tilfer :

Sorry to asking you again, but in case this slipped by, I want to be correctly educated......as to where I was not correct. Another member replied advising Motorola has not manufactured MTA's for several years, my neighbor who has Verizon informed me his MTA was Motorola so perhaps he misinformed me.

New out of the Box MTA's (Internet-Lightning\Phone.....) BHN only has the Ubee currently available.

Again this is not correct.

Tilfer
@bhn.net

Tilfer

Anon

Hello Friend

GeNomer
join:2013-01-21
Indianapolis, IN

GeNomer to Tilfer

to Tilfer
I know in my area (Indianapolis) Ubee is the only one you can get from Bright House if you have turbo or lightning and you have phone, but I think that in other areas they might have an Arris available. I have a friend who has a Motorola surfboard that does his internet and an MTA (can't remember the type) for his phone and they are just split off the same outlet. So maybe they can do that too, but usually you don't want unnecessary splitters because they can cause problems with signal going to the modem.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by GeNomer:

I know in my area (Indianapolis) Ubee is the only one you can get from Bright House if you have turbo or lightning and you have phone, but I think that in other areas they might have an Arris available. I have a friend who has a Motorola surfboard that does his internet and an MTA (can't remember the type) for his phone and they are just split off the same outlet. So maybe they can do that too, but usually you don't want unnecessary splitters because they can cause problems with signal going to the modem.

This is also not correct. There are several brands available in each region depending on your level of service and even that doesn't matter. If you have been told otherwise it is not correct.

paradigmfl
join:2005-07-16

paradigmfl

Thanks for setting us straight. For some reason an old SNL skit sort of comes to mind a bit though.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· Vx5gQz6w
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

4 edits

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by paradigmfl:

Thanks for setting us straight. For some reason an old SNL skit sort of comes to mind a bit though.

It shouldn't...

People tend to assume things when their personal experience is consistent so much so that they share such information with others thus perpetuating the experience or information whether it is correct or incorrect. Forums and the internet in general are flaming examples of such myths, rumors and simply bad information gone wild. I caution folks not to make assumptions based purely on their experience and even more so about something they read on the net or that was shared from a friend...especially as it applies to this industry because there's a ton of garbage out there.

If I correct your post it's to prevent the wrong information from being perpetuated any further because all such information does is serve to add further confusion and headaches for everyone left with the task of debunking it down the road.

I want you guys armed with the facts so you can make logical and informed decisions that are in the best interest of everyone and that ultimately meet your needs. From time to time you may not like the answers I give you...unfortunately that happens sometimes but rest assured it's with your best interest in mind.

The fact remains that in each of our regions there are several brands of MTA's that may be installed regardless of service level. The tech will make the determination in the field as to which device you get based on availability and what's technically appropriate. Just because you received a specific brand consistently you should not assume that we only have one brand/model for your area because that just isn't the case.
Boilermaker
join:2001-12-20
Carmel, IN

Boilermaker to GeNomer

to GeNomer
said by GeNomer:

For the record, in the same area, I have an Arris TM502G for my phone service and a Netgear CGD24-CPR for the Internet service (below Lightning).