All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

XNemesis
join:2002-11-16
Kitchener, ON

XNemesis

Start or Teksavvy - who's speed quotes to believe?

TSI's postal code check says I'm only good for the 25/10 service while start says I'm good for the 50/10. Who's correct? Or does this mean that TSI doesn't offer the 50/10 service yet, where I'll be living?
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

TSI's postal code checker is still having a few issues with the 50/10 qualification..

They can manually qualify you for 50/10 however.

»NEW RATES - LIVE as of March 20th, 2013
said by TSI Pierre:

If you ant 50/10 let's double check, we have seen a few people with qualification errors.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca to XNemesis

Premium Member

to XNemesis
If ours says it's available it should be available. The only time there is an issue is where it can't find the address, but if it comes up with a positive match for DSL that's pretty solid.
geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

geokilla

This is weird. Start says I'm eligible for DSL 50/10. Bell says I'm good for like 6/1 due to the Rogers monopoly in my area...

Not that I'm going to switch over to DSL, but interesting..
Madwand
join:2002-12-03
Toronto, ON

Madwand to XNemesis

to XNemesis
Kinda similar situation. I have had VDSL2 before and I knew the maximum attainable was about 63-75 depending on what year I had the Bell service.

Bell's website says max 25/10, Teksavvy says 25/10...

Start says:
Bell: cannot determine host 2

We have fibre to the building, I know because I saw it being installed... the phone wires may not support 75 meg but they could. I wouldn't want to install 25/10 and then have to pay $25 to get them to bump it up to 50/10 after the fact...

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

Can you try ours again, that error means some of the sources are temporarily unavailable.
Madwand
join:2002-12-03
Toronto, ON

Madwand to XNemesis

to XNemesis
Start says 50/10 and Bell still says 25/10. I believe Start is correct from my previous stats and Bell knows crap about my specific building with FTTB. I'm on the 16th floor near the riser too.