how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

Xtreme2damax

join:2007-03-21
Port Byron, NY
reply to jophan

Re: Verizon and Their Walled Garden

I didn't receive any report. The bill just came on the 13th, I was both shocked to have already received a bill and it being for $103. I don't remember them billing that quickly when I last had service with them last march before hopping to Time Warner in March 2012 and back to Verizon in January 2013. I guess some things changed since then? Such as when I called to sign up for service in January they tried telling me they couldn't just sell me a data package and it had to be bundled with voice due to some unheard of law (to me) in New York State.
--
My Website: »www.xtemu.com
My Speedtest: »www.speedtest.net/result/1218984197.png

jcondon

join:2000-05-27
Fishkill, NY

You say you ordered online? If so you should have received several emails from them. One thanking your for your order and listing what you ordered including price. I also got one a day or two after service was turned on thanking me again.

Did you not get any of those emails?

2 months ago I picked up a cable card at the local Verizon store and they emailed me before I made it home confirming / thanking me for my order.

brutus

join:2003-12-16
Tampa, FL

said by jcondon:

You say you ordered online? If so you should have received several emails from them. One thanking your for your order and listing what you ordered including price. I also got one a day or two after service was turned on thanking me again.

Did you not get any of those emails?

2 months ago I picked up a cable card at the local Verizon store and they emailed me before I made it home confirming / thanking me for my order.

Verizon has been hit or miss on this lately. Many of us who ordered during the 1/22 glitch didn't receive any emails. Some did with pricing and other just got a generic welcome to FiOS email.

The last time I picked up a CableCARD they didn't send me an email even though I had gotten it three times before that for other cards.

jcondon

join:2000-05-27
Fishkill, NY

Interesting. I get emails all the time about a free movie and stuff. In fact I should go there and change my email preferences.

I ordered back in November.

brutus

join:2003-12-16
Tampa, FL

Yeah I get those but the actual order verification emails are spotty.

This was one of the issues the Jan 22nd orders had to deal with since most of us only had screenshots of the pricing error because the confirmation emails were generic thanks for your order and no other emails.