how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

karsan2007

join:2007-01-28
Glendale, CA

[HSI] help

Can you get different speed results if are working with differnet browsers other then IE I ran speed test through safari last night it was around 31 mpbs while the results in ie were araging from 4 mbps to 7 mpbs I am running Interent EXplorer 10 I called Charter about this they had no answers. They only took me through their troubleshooting steps when I did not have problem

cablegeek01

join:2003-05-13
USA
kudos:1

Very much so. The Ookla based servers seem to be optimized for IE. firefox et all seem to be slower for speed test results, but actual web surfing is much faster on browsers like chrome. The fact that IE is running much slower than your other browsers is odd. I'd recommend running a good antivirus and anti spyware program to see if you have anything nasty hanging out on your computer.

Dogg
Premium
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL
reply to karsan2007

Yes. You can see speed differences between browsers AND between the type (ie: java, flash, etc.) of test run.
--
Google is your Friend

jp16

join:2010-05-04
united state
reply to karsan2007

If you can start IE without, or with minimal, addons you will see a diffrence too.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
reply to karsan2007

Most definitely you will see different speeds with different browsers. Also matters what time of day and the sites traffic.

In fact,
I've almost been meaning to post asking something similar to this.

»www.testmy.net has been acting TOTALLY weird depending on what browser I use for a while now.

Used to be Opera was my fastest browser on that site, although it's mentioned that Opera is supposedly the worst browser to use there. Lately now, IE blows any other browser away. In fact, I'd almost call that site totally inaccurate when using it! My upload speeds are not usually anywhere near the 4Mb I'm supposed to be getting when using anything other than IE.
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/