Search similar:

uniqs
Warez_Zealot
join:2006-04-19
Vancouver

Warez_Zealot

Anyone buy 2013 RCM Maples?

Click for full size
I just picked up 50 Oz of 2013 silver Maples, and I noticed that they are not the same as previous years. The strike itself looks the same, but the ridges are wider than the 2012-pre. Anyone else notice this?

I bought the 2013's off Craigslist, so I'm not sure where the buyer got them from. I've read about 2011 fakes that were still pretty easy to spot, and these 2013's look normal aside from this. But I just find it odd that no one on the internet has commented about this. (that I can find)

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
canada

EUS

Premium Member

Mistake, it's the gold maples with new security feature.
I have not rec'd any '13's myself, yet.

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

1 edit

koira to Warez_Zealot

Premium Member

to Warez_Zealot
If you bought off Craigslist maybe they are bogus slugs, hope not
Is it common to trade currency on Craigslist ?
Warez_Zealot
Vancouver

Warez_Zealot

Well, I'm not too worried about fakes. I was just wondering if they changed anything. My maples don't have the security features, but reading it looks like they are only doing this for gold maples.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
canada

EUS

Premium Member

Correct, my brain farted.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to Warez_Zealot

Premium Member

to Warez_Zealot
said by Warez_Zealot:

I bought the 2013's off Craigslist, so I'm not sure where the buyer got them from.

Oh, you bought the fakes
Kidding.
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to Warez_Zealot

to Warez_Zealot
said by Warez_Zealot:

Well, I'm not too worried about fakes.

You bought from the number one scam and fakes site in North America and you aren't worried about fakes????
Warez_Zealot
Vancouver

Warez_Zealot

said by peterboro:

said by Warez_Zealot:

Well, I'm not too worried about fakes.

You bought from the number one scam and fakes site in North America and you aren't worried about fakes????

Haha, well I'd be lying if I wasn't 100% not worried. But to be honest, I haven't seen anything online about fake 2013 Silver Maples. The fakes that are shown online are pretty bad quality. Thought maybe someone here could compare. Guess I'll head down to the coin shop and buy a 2013 to confirm 100%.
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

So you were 99% not worried then. I've got a bridge and some land in Florida if you're interested.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
canada

EUS to Warez_Zealot

Premium Member

to Warez_Zealot
You've probably already read this, but if not, it's worth a read.
»www.opencurrency.com/3-q ··· -silver/
A good digital scale is also very handy to have.

noemails
@bell.ca

noemails

Anon

why wouldnt you just buy them directly from the mint ? i mean i think i could see gettign some older stuff off of cl and having it looked at before purchase, but for current year coins you cant go wrong at the mint ?

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

koira to Warez_Zealot

Premium Member

to Warez_Zealot
Did the seller remove the made in China stickers

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
canada

EUS to noemails

Premium Member

to noemails
You can't get them from the mint.

noemails
@bell.ca

noemails

Anon

your making no sense,

if you cant get any coin from the mint where does cl friend get them ????? i dont buy it. here is a link for the mint on a quick lookup if what your not looking for is not on this page pls give me more info i can walk to the mint in ottawa in about 15 minutes tomorrow and inquire

»www.mint.ca/store/search ··· rmSearch

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
canada

2 edits

EUS

Premium Member

You can buy all the fancy coins you want.
Show me the link for a tube of 1OZ silver maples.
It doesn't exist.
EUS

EUS to noemails

Premium Member

to noemails
Wild. Dupe.

milnoc
join:2001-03-05
Ottawa

milnoc

You can buy precious metal coins at the bank. And it wouldn't surprise me if silver was sold in rolls as each coin only costs about $30.

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo to Warez_Zealot

Premium Member

to Warez_Zealot
Precious metals will not matter once the zombie apocalypse comes!

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
canada

EUS to milnoc

Premium Member

to milnoc
said by milnoc:

You can buy precious metal coins at the bank.

I know. I'm waiting for anon to provide the link from the mint.ca store for a tube of 1oz silver maples.
Warez_Zealot
Vancouver

Warez_Zealot

Hmmm, well I'm familiar with how to spot a fake, and familiar with that website. I think it the ridges are larger because of the milk spot problems the mint was having.

Anyhow, I like Craigslist, cause you can pickup good deals and coin dealers charge a HUGE premium. If I bought the 50 Oz from the mint/coinshop/kitco, I'd be paying about $100-120 more... That's if they even have any in stock.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
canada

EUS

Premium Member

I hear ya.
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to donoreo

to donoreo
said by donoreo:

I'm not sure as there my be those who want to add a little silver to their bullets to hedge against any werewolf cross contamination into zombies. After all we can't envision what will be the impetus for the zombie apocalypse and there could be a combination of factors.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by peterboro:

said by donoreo:

I'm not sure as there my be those who want to add a little silver to their bullets to hedge against any werewolf cross contamination into zombies. After all we can't envision what will be the impetus for the zombie apocalypse and there could be a combination of factors.

If there is going to be werewolves then we better have vampires too! I mean real ones that burn in the sun and not glow.
Warez_Zealot
Vancouver

1 recommendation

Warez_Zealot

I just like having a bit of silver to make me feel like a pirate with his treasure. :P
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

to donoreo
said by donoreo:

If there is going to be werewolves then we better have vampires too! I mean real ones that burn in the sun and not glow.

I"m just hoping that the zombies are sun adverse like in I Am Legend but the thought of that speed and strength scares me. But then all the zombies will be from the GTA so you won't need to worry about those details.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by peterboro:

said by donoreo:

I"m just hoping that the zombies are sun adverse like in I Am Legend but the thought of that speed and strength scares me. But then all the zombies will be from the GTA so you won't need to worry about those details.

In the original book, they called them vampires.
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to Warez_Zealot

to Warez_Zealot
said by Warez_Zealot:

I just like having a bit of silver to make me feel like a pirate with his treasure. :P

Here's what you do to get the best of both worlds. Melt the silver into bullets and you'll be covered both ways after the world collapses.
peterboro

to donoreo
said by donoreo:

You mean for The Omega Man?

Just found it, "Robert Neville is the apparent sole survivor of a pandemic whose symptoms resemble vampirism."
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_ ··· _(novel)

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by peterboro:

said by donoreo:

You mean for The Omega Man?

The book was called I Am Legend (clue: last line of the book). Omega Man was the second movie based on it. The first was The Last Man on Earth with Vincent Price! In the book the things could speak.
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

said by donoreo:

The first was The Last Man on Earth with Vincent Price! In the book the things could speak.

I've seen the Price movie twice now in the last 40 years. Never put two and two together before though.