Shyte
Premium
join:2002-02-27
NF, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

1 recommendation

Goodbye Cogeco

Been with Cogeco since the @home days having moved into 3 different houses but always keeping my internet service active. Last week I thought I would call up and mention I was thinking of switching to another provider to see if they would possibly give this long time customer a break. Apparently not. And I wasn't even send to retentions or the loyalty department. So I signed up with Start which offers the turbo 20 speeds and cap for $20 less then cogeco (I don't bundle). And that was the reason why the lady on the phone from cogeco said she couldn't help me with a discount. You just lost a long time customer and you don't even seem to give a crap, I also mentioned Start to my parents and my sister who are currently with Cogeco. They're thinking about making the switch as well.. It's been fun.

Shyte.

rudeboy24

join:2002-10-14
Welland, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Start Communicat..
i switched all my services away from cogeco and my internet to www.start.ca and never looked back they don't give a $h!t if your not willing to pay full price. They never offered me any thing i thought they would possibly give me a deal like what new customers get ..but no nothing like that.

thats why there called GOUGEco.

ThumbsUP

@cgocable.net
reply to Shyte
Good move! A+++!

Last Parade

join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON
reply to Shyte
Yay!

Gixxer

join:2008-08-27
St Catharines, ON
kudos:4
reply to Shyte
Surprised they didn't try and offer you $2.00 off your monthly bill if you signed a one year contract like they did with me. What a deal no?
--
I love fish sticks. I love putting fish sticks in my mouth.

Guru

join:2008-10-01
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
said by Gixxer:

Surprised they didn't try and offer you $2.00 off your monthly bill if you signed a one year contract like they did with me. What a deal no?

That's an AWESOME DEAL!!

NOT!!!

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:6
reply to Shyte
You're an undesirable customer

»"Undesirable" customers: Cogeco, Audet
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

Shyte
Premium
NF, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
said by HeadSpinning:

You're an undesirable customer

»"Undesirable" customers: Cogeco, Audet

Hahahah I've never been called 'undesirable' before. Guess I can add that to the list. Come April 16th, my wallet does the talking.

Shyte

tristen1230

join:2010-12-26
Belleville, ON
reply to Shyte
Great choice!!!!

cablesmurfet

join:2012-05-28
Burlington, ON
reply to rudeboy24
I have found that if you ask for a discount they will give it to you.

rudeboy24

Welland, ON
I will never give them my money again, they are a rip off and they keep raising there prices.

Guru

join:2008-10-01
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
said by rudeboy24:

I will never give them my money again, they are a rip off and they keep raising there prices.

+1

Shyte
Premium
NF, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to cablesmurfet
said by cablesmurfet:

I did that specifically and also made them aware that I was a long time customer. She told me I wont qualify for a discount since I don't bundle with them.

Shyte

rudeboy24

Welland, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Start Communicat..
said by Shyte:

I did that specifically and also made them aware that I was a long time customer. She told me I wont qualify for a discount since I don't bundle with them.

Shyte

same thing i was told ..and they tried to lock me in on a 3 year contract i said no way ...i was recording my phone call and i told them that so they don't try and lock me in.

Gixxer

join:2008-08-27
St Catharines, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·voip.ms
·Bell Fibe
reply to Shyte
said by Shyte:

said by cablesmurfet:

Shyte

I fucking laugh at people who bundle thinking that they're actually saving money. Splitting services and going with different companies saves you money.
--
I love fish sticks. I love putting fish sticks in my mouth.

Shyte
Premium
NF, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
said by Gixxer:

said by Shyte:

said by cablesmurfet:

Shyte

I fucking laugh at people who bundle thinking that they're actually saving money. Splitting services and going with different companies saves you money.

Amen.

Shyte

Phorkster
Premium
join:2004-06-27
Windsor, ON
kudos:1
reply to Gixxer
Well technically you are saving vs Bell or other providers. But you are right.

Dreamwiser3

join:2009-12-18
Hamilton, ON
reply to Shyte
Gougeco offered me $5.00 discount if I signed a 1yr contract for television. If I break the contract within that year they will charge me $75.00 for canceling. Great deal hey?

Neonridr

join:2013-04-01
Rockwood, ON
reply to rudeboy24
Cogeco doesn't operate on 3 year contracts, that's satellite companies like Bell. I have never even seen anything from Cogeco beyond a 1 year contract...

rudeboy24

Welland, ON
I meant 1 year i didn't notice i put 3 year.

Neonridr

join:2013-04-01
Rockwood, ON
ah, I was going to say.. that would have been murder..

but yes, most promotions require you to keep something for 1 year with a penalty for breaking early. Really it's not much different than say a cell phone company (Rogers for example). Not that it's ok to do it, but it's quite commonplace.