join:2000-05-14
Martinsburg, WV
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

1 edit

[IE] Can't install IE 10 [FIXED]

UPDATE: I used these instructions:
»news.softpedia.com/news/How-to-R···98.shtml
to uninstall IE 10. Then I used IE10-Windows6.1-x64-en-us.exe and now IE 10 64bit is working.
------------original post------------
I've downloaded IE10-Windows6.1-x64-en-us.exe and I get the error above. I previously had a preview version of the 64bit IE 10 installed and then downloaded the new version of IE 10 a couple of days ago and installed it. My 64bit version still seems to be installed, so that's when I downloaded the 64bit version and now all that will run is the 32 bit one. Clicking on the iexplore.exe in the 64bit's folder still brings up a 32bit version, according to Task Manager.

Anyone know how to straighten this out?
--
The curse and blessing of the human brain is whatever we can conceive, will be done, regardless of the consequences.

DataDoc
My avatar looks like me, if I was 2D.
Premium
Martinsburg, WV
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

Re: [IE] Can't install IE 10

Since posting I've uninstalled IE 10, rebooted, installed using IE10-Windows6.1-x64-en-us.exe and both versions seem to run, but both show as 32 bit in Task Manager.
--
The curse and blessing of the human brain is whatever we can conceive, will be done, regardless of the consequences.

mjhouser
Premium
join:2001-10-06
reply to DataDoc

I just noticed on my system the same thing. Also both Icons 64 and 32bit lead to the same .exe.

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

Did I miss something?

DataDoc
My avatar looks like me, if I was 2D.
Premium
Martinsburg, WV
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

1 recommendation

Click for full size
said by mjhouser:

I just noticed on my system the same thing. Also both Icons 64 and 32bit lead to the same .exe.

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

Did I miss something?

That path is for the 64bit version. Apparently IE 64bit runs both 32- and 64bit processes. See the image from Sysinternals Process Explorer above.
--

mjhouser
Premium
join:2001-10-06
reply to DataDoc

Thank you!

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada

that means i can uninstall my 32 bit plug ins? like java and addobe macromedia flash? and install all 64 bit plug ins
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!