spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Mark1964
join:2013-03-21
Winter Garden, FL

Mark1964

[CFL] [Phone] Breaking Up Redux

"Redux" meaning almost exactly the same symptoms as described in barry01's 2011-10-23 post (emphasis added):

»[Phone] Breaking Up

[Phone] Breaking Up

I posted the below to another Post, I am Posting it again as a Stand Alone.....

Referring of BHN Digital phone.....I have had a long term annoying issue. I have all service from BHN, Cable, Internet and Phone. Although it has gotten better, for as long as I have had the Phone service I have people I am speaking to saying they either can't hear me (very low volume) but mostly what they say is, you are breaking up. This last week I experienced these issues several times. There is no pattern, that is, its not when I am placing the call, or, only when I receive a call. One caller said it sounded like I was speaking thru a running fan. BHN has been at my hone many times for this issue and they have been through. They checked wiring, changed out Wall outlets, replaced cabling from the Tap to the house and the cable from Outside of my home to inside of my phone where it connects into my phone Home wring, and they have replaced phone Modem (several times). They say there is nothing wrong with my house wiring.

I have the Arris Phone Modem and the Ubee DDW3611. I have not experienced any issues with cable or Internet.

How annoying to be on the phone and have the other person say I can't hear you, or you are breaking up. Normally what I do is start counting until I hear them say, OK, I can hear you now. It is not on all calls, I would say it is at least 15 to 20% of my Incoming & Outing calls. When I called Customer care several days ago to report the issue, the Agent acknowledged hearing me gargled for the 1st 15 or so seconds of the call. My signals all look great as confirmed by the Customer Care Agent, and, the BHN tech that came to the House. I have used several different phones, to include one that is wired.

It has been perplexing for me and BHN. BHN has certainly kept at it and as I wrote it is much better than it has been in the past.

I cannot image what else can be done but I cannot think this is normal or acceptable service from Digital Phone Service.

I have used 3 different phones, 2 wireless 1 wired. To have Digital Phone service from BHN and only be able to use one phone that is connected directly to the MTA takes away from having Home phone service. The Techs' have said my home wiring is fine. Several have said if it was a wiring issue the problem would be present on all calls all the time and as I wrote, it only happens 15 to 20% of my calls, and it only lasts 10 to 20 seconds

The only differences that come to mind are that it appears barry01's is or was a personal BHN account while mine is a business account, I haven't compared his equipment details to mine (not sure whether that matters given the responses to his posts), I haven't had the building wiring checked (it's a brand new building), and I haven't attempted to measure the duration (when it happens, my goal is to get off the phone ASAP, as the miscommunication makes people nervous).
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Please post the details here...include the modem MAC or IP so I can pull needed data and I will be in touch. Thanks
Mark1964
join:2013-03-21
Winter Garden, FL

2 edits

Mark1964

@BHNtechXpert:

Thanks for the prompt reply.

[Data Moved]
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16