spc
uniqs

thistool
@myvzw.com

thistool to GLIMMER

Anon

to GLIMMER

Re: [RANT] No warning or email on ban

If you can't or won't. Separate your network from mine. I can't isolate the problem running on the drop alone with your home disconnected is not asking to much . While routing could very well be a issue. Not separating your home from the network is not fair to trouble shooting the connectivity issues. Setting up a tent running a extension cord to the first place the signal entering the home. Would clearly identify it not your home. From there it would obviously be a network issue. Or the exact opposite could be true. Without cutting of sections and duplicating the problem you stay in the same pattern never getting to the heart of the issue . To whom ever thinks I don't care. about my customers your crazy. We are a small telecom every customer counts. Without you I don't make a living. I'm asking you to try something different. If we can't work together to isolate the issue , it won't get fixed.
NightTripper
join:2006-09-26
Stronghurst, IL

NightTripper

said by thistool :

If you can't or won't. Separate your network from mine. I can't isolate the problem running on the drop alone with your home disconnected is not asking to much . While routing could very well be a issue. Not separating your home from the network is not fair to trouble shooting the connectivity issues. Setting up a tent running a extension cord to the first place the signal entering the home. Would clearly identify it not your home. From there it would obviously be a network issue. Or the exact opposite could be true. Without cutting of sections and duplicating the problem you stay in the same pattern never getting to the heart of the issue . To whom ever thinks I don't care. about my customers your crazy. We are a small telecom every customer counts. Without you I don't make a living. I'm asking you to try something different. If we can't work together to isolate the issue , it won't get fixed.

What are you talking about? And yes I understand that you think you are a network engineer. But it would be nice if you gave an idea on what you are talking about.

Mark
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER to thistool

to thistool
said by thistool :

Is english not your strong suit?

As for a small telecom. Mediacom is not a telecom its a MSO.

its not hard to disconnect from the house test and see what is going on.
NightTripper
Stronghurst, IL

NightTripper

Wow not one guess on the large object in the top left corner of my property?

Mark

TJFriday
join:2009-06-29
Des Moines, IA

TJFriday

Mark,

No guesses necessary. Everyone knows that's a huge bowl of white queso for dipping chips.

Tehrasha
join:2004-12-15
Vinton, IA

Tehrasha to NightTripper

to NightTripper
I know what it isnt...

Obviously not an old fiberglass C-band dish, because you wouldnt be making such a fuss over how mysterious it is...

It is not high enough above the ground to be a doppler-radar dome... (unless its on a trailer for mobile use)

Its not a spherical LP tank, because its too close to your house...

The satellite camera is pretty much washed out by the white object, and Google hasnt driven past your house to give us a street-view image, anyone would be hard pressed to identify it...

It might as well be the top of an unburied septic tank.
NightTripper
Stronghurst, IL

NightTripper

said by Tehrasha:

I know what it isnt...

Obviously not an old fiberglass C-band dish, because you wouldnt be making such a fuss over how mysterious it is...

Your no fun 3.8 meter dish. I think it's about 12.5 foot She is pointed at SES-1
Everything that our government has on weather comes down from that satellite. All the radar, satellite images, weather reports, river stages, ect. All from a Dutch satellite! Go figure. It's called a NOAAport system. There are fewer than 10 such setups in "home" use. TV stations and government weather sites have them. But just for a "hobby" not very many.
There is a small square patch of brown between the house and my shop. Right on the left of that is a 45 foot Rhon tower. I broadcast information from the NOAAport system to the nursing home across the street. The school a couple of blocks to the right of me. And the village. Since the system is on battery backup and I am on a generator backup. The information flows no mater what. It is a closed network. So no worry's about someone hacking in.
Weather has always been a hobby with me. My website reflects that »www.burgus.org I am retired and I fix up computers to give to the local youth for school work. I have rescued many a computer from the scrap yard. Henderson county is one of the poorest counties in Illinois. We only have one stop traffic light in the whole county. It's on US 34 about 2 miles into Illinois coming from Iowa.
Having my own NOAAport system keeps a heck of a lot of traffic off of my internet feed.

Mark
Expand your moderator at work
k9iua6
join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA

k9iua6 to NightTripper

to NightTripper

Re: [RANT] No warning or email on ban

Mark, bravo on having your own NOAAPORT setup, and for sharing its information with the school and neighbors in your town. I would love to have such a setup, but can't afford such a thing.
NightTripper
Stronghurst, IL

NightTripper

The only thing that cost was the LNB and decoder. The rest was scrounged. I have heard of people who are using a PCI card to do the decoding. Much cheaper way to go if it works.

Mark