spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dav1d

join:2010-10-29

Td-link 8816 modem and Cisco m10 valet

I using the Td-8816 in ppoe mode and the wireless m10 as Ethernet port/hub for wired and wireless LAN access. For some reason the m10 router does not stay connected. The dchp is turn active on the Td-8816 and off on the m10. I try to have the Td-8816 in bridge mode and the m10 in ppoe mode but I cannot get a stable connection.
My LAN ip seem to be set up right. I am think it might be the dynamic routing... Read up on using router as port but can not figure what missing. An suggestion?

mkay

join:2008-04-13
Kingston, ON

I currently have the exact setup with no issues. Have you tried testing the modem alone without the router attached?

dav1d

join:2010-10-29

So I try an older router/hub to test what is wrong. I stuck a 10Base-T Ethernet Hub between the Td-Link 8816 and the Cisco m10 and got it to work, so everything operate find.
The only problem is 10BASE is only 10mbp so I would really like to figure out what wrong with setting that is making the TD8816 not wanting to stay connect to the CiscoM10. The TD8816 is the DCHP server and I suspect there is some conflict with the M10.

Used this as a guild
»www.tested.com/tech/298-how-to-u···network/

franklyong
Cisco Geek

join:2004-12-05
Canada
kudos:1
reply to dav1d

I've actually had some overheating problems with my Cisco M10 Valet. Try flipping it over as it provides more air circulation to the vents. Especially due to the fact that hot air rises.