spc
uniqs

TrentS
join:2013-02-23
Bolivar, MO

TrentS to m12345s

to m12345s

Re: [Equipment] Sagemcom 1704

Mine is out on the open on top of a short bookcase. This shutting down might not happen for days, but when it happens, I find that it happens OVER AND OVER unless you give it a rest.

This is mostly evident when I play games. Sometimes I would force reset the thing and instantly jump back in-game. I wouldn't even get a minute of play before it would happen again.

Mine is warm, but never warmer than what most of my electronics would be. My phone gets hotter under pressure.

I also JUST confirmed that when the wireless drops, WIRED connection stays up! Even when the wireless freezes permanently and the light stays SOLID ON, the WIRED connection works and blinks!

EDIT: My speeds are pretty good, but I can only get 6Mbps, because I'm on the 'edge' of town. I live right next to the elementary school. I figured they'd have more powerful nodes near the schools!!

Assuming it isn't peak time I get a solid 500-600KBps.

EDIT EDIT:

m12345s
join:2010-10-13
Bolivar, MO

m12345s

Sounds exactly what happens to me, my wired devices work and the wireless light will stay on even though the wireless completely disappears. Your connection looks decent so it must not be that, I actually live about 7 miles or so northeast of town in the middle of nowhere and get 12mb, there are no other wireless networks around, so if it is interference its coming from something other than another wireless network, mine still hasn't done it since I moved it out of the cabinet, I think there have been others complaining about the 1704 dropping connections and such, if it keeps doing it I would put it in bridge mode and get a good cheap wireless router. I was just able to get broadband about a month ago, they have been running fiber optic cable and installing nodes like crazy in the rural areas outside of town, sounds like they need to upgrade stuff in town as well.