join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Chams

Re: Me or NBC?

said by Chams :

I have a FIOS DVR and also having problem with NBC playback. I also live in Southern Cal and 504 is my HD channel. My playback problem is usually with the local and network NBC news. Have reset my DVR and still have the same problem.

I'm in Long Beach and I'm not seeing any issues with recordings. I record Nightly News every night and only had issues (occasional pixilation) on Monday 3/25.

Chams

@verizon.net
I live in Apple Valley and have had the problem for a couple of days. Tonight I am recording NBC network news on 4 and 504. Will report the results.

BSAIII

join:2007-06-16
Apple Valley, CA
Now this is interesting! I also live in Apple Valley!!!

BSAIII

Apple Valley, CA
Well, NBC 504 was fine last night. Leno, Fallon and Carson all played back OK. Something was going on. I plan to continue recording 504 every night on both DVRs to see if there is a pattern.

Chams

@verizon.net
My NBC channels 4 and 504 worked fine last night here in Apple Valley. What model DVR do you have BSA III? I have a QIP7232 2.

mbf

@verizon.net
reply to BSAIII
Having the same problem in Manhattan Beach for about a week, although not last night. Reported on Verizon Community forum as have others and on Verizon Support Twitter, but no solution or inquiries from Verizon techs. Standard def (channel 4) seems to work.

BSAIII

Apple Valley, CA
reply to Chams
Mine worked fine, also.

QIP-7232 P2
Release 1.9.1 Build 14.47 Data Object 34.47

PJL

Long Beach, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to mbf
said by mbf :

Having the same problem in Manhattan Beach for about a week, although not last night. Reported on Verizon Community forum as have others and on Verizon Support Twitter, but no solution or inquiries from Verizon techs. Standard def (channel 4) seems to work.

You likely won't hear anything on the Verizon Community forum. It's strictly peer-to-peer and Verizon's participation is very rare.
That said, KNBC 504 has been rock solid all week for us.

Chams

@verizon.net
reply to BSAIII
I have the same DVR, release, build etc. No problems for a few days now.

billhere

join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA
Reviews:
·GoDaddy Hosting
I recorded Smash last Tuesday on 504 last Tuesday and watched it Saturday night. Program was fine for 50 minutes, then lost sound for last ten minutes. We were able to follow the dialog using closed captions. Eventually I went to VOD, found the show, and played it back to hear the sound at the end. That took a while as I could not fast forward through the program and the commercials were still there.

I did reset my DVR Thursday or Friday after the sound disappeared from live feed of 504. Sound was fine on my other HD STP and OTA. Resetting the DVR did bring back the sound for now.

exfyrmn

@verizon.net
reply to Chams
We have been having the same issues with 504 on all of our HD boxes, old DVR and again on a new DVR! Menifee, CA

BSAIII

Apple Valley, CA
Well, NBC 504 was fine Sun., Mon., Tues. and Wed. on DVR1. Leno and Fallon recorded fine. But this morning at 03:10 I tried to watch Mad Money. Black screen and no sound. Channel 4 was fine. DVR2 displayed the show on 504 fine. Did a reset on DVR1 and it was fine. Then watched a 1 hour recorded show. When the show finished I deleted it. 504 was displayed but there was no sound. Did another reset and it was fine. The problem does not seem to occur during prime time. Strange!

JimJames2

@verizon.net
Just had a recurrence after nearly 2 weeks without issue. Went to watch recording of The Office and it wouldn't play. Then tried Parks & Rec, which immediately precedes it. So far playing fine, except that it briefly changed over to the programming on 505. This is really odd.

LAprGuy

@verizon.net
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Same exact issue as Jim.

danman48

join:2007-10-11
Huntington Beach, CA
me too! Hannibal at 10 wouldn't play. Parks and Rec locked up about halfway through. Most likely a problem with VZs head end pushing junk data.

BSAIII

Apple Valley, CA
Well, I may have found a solution to MY problem. I have had no problems since my last post. I don't turn of the DVR. It has been on since last week. I have had a couple of instances of a 15 second bleed into a 504 program by 505. But no loss of sound or video. FWIW.

BSAIII

Apple Valley, CA
I spoke too soon. Lost the 2nd half of Leno last night. But did get all of Fallon. And at 04:15 this morning 504 was black when viewed live.
Still perplexed!

PJL

Long Beach, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by BSAIII:

I spoke too soon. Lost the 2nd half of Leno last night. But did get all of Fallon. And at 04:15 this morning 504 was black when viewed live.
Still perplexed!

Have you posted this on the Verizon Direct forum here on DSL reports? Be sure to include all your troubleshooting, plus your account number and service location.

danman48

join:2007-10-11
Huntington Beach, CA
reply to BSAIII
second week in a row. Parks and Rec and Hannibal recordings won't play and NBC is laggy on occasion.

VHO3.

PJL

Long Beach, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to BSAIII
KNBC-HD Channel 504 in VHO3 has been experiencing extensive outages today 4/19. The OTA signal is fine as is the SD version on FiOS channel 4. Hopefully this type of outage will get Verizon's attention. I reported it on a private Verizon forum that I have access to -- let's see if we get some action finally.

PJL

Long Beach, CA
reply to BSAIII
Today 4/25 Verizon support notified me that their network engineers believe the outage problem has been solved. Please post if anyone still sees outages.

billhere

join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA
Reviews:
·GoDaddy Hosting
NBC ratings are pretty low, so maybe this problem isn't that prevalent.

However, we watch the local KNBC news weekninghts on 504 and record Smash on Saturday nights. Haven't missed anything there in the past few months, except for one brief outage on the local news for about 30 minutes. It must have been our set, though, as I was able to watch 504 on our second set in the living room then, which has a FiOS set-top box.

JimJames2

@verizon.net
reply to PJL
Today I woke up and the box was tuned to the CW, channel 505. Completely black, just like it had been in the past wih 504.

Someday this will get fixed, I'm sure.

BSAIII

Apple Valley, CA
Recorded Nikita on 505 last night on DVR 2. Tried to play this morning. All black then stops playing after a minute. Never had the problem on 505 before. And CW does not repeat shows so I have lost an episode.

PJL

Long Beach, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
I think they might be playing around with the QAM channel assignments and some STBs are may not be keeping up. Just a thought. You might try this process. I used it for a problem with my HBO channels. It did not reset any settings.

1. On your FiOS TV Remote, press STB then press MENU.
2. Scroll down and select settings.
3. Next, highlight system information.
4. Now press on remote 4883 then OK.
5. Then press 2601 and then OK.

BSAIII

Apple Valley, CA
OK, I will try it on both DVRs.

BSAIII

Apple Valley, CA
I have decided it is a software problem. I was watching KTLA news on 505 live at 6:55. I had a timer for 7:00 KTLA 505 set. When the timer fired the screen went black with no sound. I switched to chan 5 to watch the program. At 7:10 tried 505 again and it was fine.