kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast

Blizzard Announcement at PAX East

....was lame.

said by WoWHeadNews :
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Announced
posted 15 minutes ago by Ashelia

Today at PAX East, Blizzard announced that they have had a fifth team working on another game. Compromised of fifteen developers, the idea was to make a great game that got back to Blizzard's roots by having something fun and less serious.

The game is called Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft.

It's "a charming collective strategy game set in the Warcraft universe." You can play as mighty heroes from nine World of Warcraft classes. It is a card game. There will be commons, rares, epics, and even legendary cards. It will be free-to-play with optional purchases for cards; there's also something called a crafting system, where you will be able to change your cards by disenchanting them into arcane dust which will let you build other cards.

Additionally, as they explained, its ruleset will be less complex as they feel that is a barrier to entry for most gamers into card games.

What do you think--will you be trying out Hearthstone?
uhm.... no.
--
Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31

2 recommendations

said by Immer:

....was lame.

said by WoWHeadNews :

Today at PAX East, Blizzard announced that they have had a fifth team working on another game. ...... It is a card game.
uhm.... no.

I stopped reading there.

I suppose the fact that the craptastic TCG card game they already have (and the only reason those cards sell at all is for a chance at a loot card to be used in WoW) is a stumbling block in their ability to see this will be a big fucking fail from the get go...

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
reply to Immer
said by Immer:

quote:
What do you think--will you be trying out Hearthstone?
uhm.... no.

+1

You want fun, make something like Lost Vikings, way back in the Blizzard roots. We don't need Pokemon and there is already a WoW card game.
--
“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” ¯ Robert A. Heinlein

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Skittles
yeah. I don't usually follow this type of news, but for the past 24 hours, several of my wow-related facebook feeds were all a buzz over this "announcement". Even theDailyBlink mentioned it in their non-comic strip this morning. So, I thought I'd keep an eye on it... so, in case anyone here was holding their breath... i thought i'd share the news.
--

Skittles
Premium
Im glad you posted it, I was also waiting for the "reveal" as I had been hearing about this "big" announcement for today.

very anticlimatic....anything would have been better than an announcement of a card game...

again I submit:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYuF3T7s7XY

Rhenai

join:2010-09-07
Elkhorn, NE
kudos:1
reply to Immer
No cards for me, either - I still have a bunch from when I got the Wrath of the Lich King special edition - can't give them away. Maybe use as liner for the kitty litter box?
--
“Amor Fati – “Love Your Fate”, which is in fact your life.”

PC Doc 54
aka fcapes
Premium
join:2000-10-28
Middle Island, NY
reply to Immer
said by Immer:

said by WoWHeadNews :

Today at PAX East, Blizzard announced that they have had a fifth team working on another game. Compromised of fifteen developers, the idea was to make a great game that got back to Blizzard's roots by having something fun and less serious.

I'm not putting anything on my computer that's been "compromised" by fifteen developers

Oh, a card game you say ... I always thought Blizzards roots were the original RTS Warcraft games, not card games.
--
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul

Zupe
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-29
New York, NY
reply to Immer
It's an online trading card game in case the original post wasn't clear. If it's really free to play without paying opponents having huge advantages, I might try it, though I don't expect too much.
--
Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Pinky: I think so, Brain, but "Snowball for Windows"?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Immer
omg.... they made a trailer for it, lol...

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdXl3QtutQI

--

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
reply to Immer
Mouse over Text:If this announcement is Blizzard All-Stars; there will never be a more potent combination of anticipation and let down as people react with, 'Oh, is that it? Oh, well I suppose it's only MOSTLY fucking awesome.'

Brought to you by The Daily Blink.

I think they got it about right.
--
Blade with whom I have lived, blade with whom I now die; Serve right and justice one last time; Seek one last heart of evil, still one last life of pain; Cut well old friend, and then farewell.

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to Immer
This is a virtual card game right? not physical? (yeah I don't know how you'll disenchant a real card LOL)

Roadhowse

join:2010-10-13
Greensburg, PA
reply to Immer
Hmmm reminds me of Star Wars Galaxies all over again.

Skittles
Premium
reply to Immer
The Emperor has no clothes.....

How are they thinking this is a good idea , let alone one that required a special announcement ?

Pollux7777

join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN
reply to Immer
That trailer did a good job of making something which I know will be stupid look fun.
--
Polluxx - LvL 90 Human Warrior - (US) Ravencrest

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
said by Pollux7777:

That trailer did a good job of making something which I know will be stupid look even more stupid.

FIFY

Lame ass move, Blizzard.
--
When on dangerous ground maneuver, when on deadly ground fight.

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC
reply to Immer
Ugh, I don't get card games.....

"I KNEW you were going to play that card, so I'm going to play THIS card!" "Well, I knew you knew I was going to play that card, so I'm gonna play THIS card which negates that one, and doubles my last one!"

*yawn*

Phantasee

join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA
reply to Immer
I knew the Titan project would be awesome!

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to captokita

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to Immer
Frankly, this was the type of announcement that would fit in at PAX much better than it would go over at Blizzcon.

I'll probably give it a try. Being F2P, and trying to be more fun than serious, will at least get me to try it without spending anything.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

Suniojii

join:2009-10-31
Lakeside, CA
reply to Immer
It looks fun. It's free. It will most likely work on your phone. Seems like a fun way to waste time with a friend when you are stuck somewhere.

Gork
Ou812ic

join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT
reply to Immer
I've been waiting for this and when I read the announcement earlier I felt let down. What has Activision done to Blizzard?!

Ah well, I suppose there is a beginning and an end to all things. And if that's the case, there is a beginning to an end in all things as well.

/sigh

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
mouseover text= Burning question: How insistent did PR have to get about showing that photo of Mike Morhaime in the release trailer?
--