Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

[News] Blizzard announces 'freemium' online card game

said by Ars Technica :

Blizzard announces “freemium” online trading card game

HearthStone: Heroes of Warcraft is Blizzard's first "freemium" model game.

BOSTON—Blizzard confirmed that it is working on a new small-scale game titled HearthStone: Heroes of Warcraft at a conference at PAX Friday. The game is a collectible-card-style game played online and will be Blizzard's "first free-to-play" title.

The model is "something we've wanted to experiment with for a while... A lot of people at Blizzard have played CCGs for a really long time," said Rob Pardo, chief creative officer at Blizzard. But the company wanted to focus on making a trading card game that's more accessible and "not just something that us hardcore nerds would play."

The game is based on Warcraft lore and will have 300 cards at launch, with five cards per pack. Blizzard has yet to determine pricing but estimates that each five-card pack will cost "around a dollar." The game will also employ a freemimum model: players can earn packs by playing, but their progress will be slower than someone who simply buys packs outright.

Huh....

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Ill stick with Magic: The Gathering, and for onine it will continue to be Magic: The Gathering Online.

Not Duel of the Planeswalkers, that game is shit.

TRU
join:2005-07-21
Michigan

TRU

said by Savious:

Ill stick with Magic: The Gathering, and for onine it will continue to be Magic: The Gathering Online.

Duel of the Planeswalkers wasn't that bad. I played the 2012 version and I enjoyed it very much. I haven't played the 2013 version so I can't really comment on that. But if things went that far south between the 2012 and 2013 versions I'd be really surprised.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

said by TRU:

said by Savious:

Duel of the Planeswalkers wasn't that bad. I played the 2012 version and I enjoyed it very much. I haven't played the 2013 version so I can't really comment on that. But if things went that far south between the 2012 and 2013 versions I'd be really surprised.

I dont know if its bad game per se, I just think its a very dumbed down version of Magic. Its very limited in what you can do. Its like playing a max level character in WoW, then being forced into only playing a Trial Account.

TheThing
join:2012-08-10

TheThing to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
What will make me a blizzard fan again?

for them to release some sort of multiplayer/mmo F2P game that's innovative is highly polished and addictive... like LoL... not necessarily a moba either

it doesn't have to be to the scale of WoW, GW2, SC2 either

this card game is a step in the right direction... but really that's it?

at this poitn I don't think Blizzard has an innovative bone left in their body

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
said by Savious:

said by TRU:

said by Savious:

I dont know if its bad game per se, I just think its a very dumbed down version of Magic. Its very limited in what you can do. Its like playing a max level character in Diablo II, then being forced to play Diablo III and stay in Act I.

FTFY
Krisnatharok

Krisnatharok to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
SC2: HotS is EXCELLENT, although it follows the already well-defined RTS path.

Their A-Team has definitely moved on from WoW, however. And they sure aren't working on Diablo at all...

I suggest you come give MechWarrior Online a shot. It has the same (or more) depth and complexity that LoL has, but adds real-time tactics (military mechanized/armor tactics apply) with both macro (positioning, ambushing, scouting) and micro (maneuvering and aiming) skillsets required.

But yeah. I want my World of Starcraft!

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

I want my damn Starcraft Ghost!

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

Their A-Team has definitely moved on from WoW, however. And they sure aren't working on Diablo at all...

Titan. But they have actually been patching the hell out of Diablo. I still keep up on the news with the game and check out the new patches.

I am enjoying HotS multiplayer a lot. I was trying to play as Terran, but that just wasnt working out for me. Switched to Toss and won 4 in a row, lol

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
said by ekster:

That too!

TheThing

TheThing to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
Blizzard is fucked...

Instead of trying to branch out and try 3-4 new innovative smaller titles with new ideas

they are going to dump everything into Titan

what a bad decision... talk about putting all your eggs in one basket

if you aren't growing you are shrinking...

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
said by ekster:

Get your Game Cube out!
Savious

Savious to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
said by TheThing:

Blizzard is fucked...

Instead of trying to branch out and try 3-4 new innovative smaller titles with new ideas

they are going to dump everything into Titan

what a bad decision... talk about putting all your eggs in one basket

if you aren't growing you are shrinking...

I dont think so, Tim.

TheThing

TheThing

they need to implement the Google one day a week thing

one day a week at work, work on some prototype project they think is new, innovative and different

to spawn new games

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

That does not optimize the return of shareholders, in turn, that does not optimize the bonuses of the executives. Therefor it does not happen.

They're not there to innovate, they're there to milk the cow till it dies and then retire or move on to another cow.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to Savious

to Savious
said by Savious:

Actually I like Duel on my ipad, I can play it while watching TV/movies on the sofa, and since it's against the AI I can take as long as I want.

The implementation is excellent except for sometimes I can't target the specific card I want due to fat fingers and small screen. My biggest beef though is that it doesn't let me redesign my own deck using the cards from decks I have bought/unlocked.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
Lame announcement is lame. and right after they put the PvP changes for WoW up.

/puke