share rss forum feed

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2

4 edits

[bug] Fourm post times in standard and not summer time.

Just noticed that forum posts are shown in standard US time and not summer (DST) time. I "reset" (changed and changed back) my timezone in member preferences and that worked until my next site visit.

Edit: Just logged out and back in again. That seems to have fixed it--sort of. This post is correct but an earlier one is off by 1 hour

Edt #2: This is crazy! The times are randomly going back'n'forth by a hour
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23
Thanks for posting that. I thought it was just me.

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
Galt's Gulch
And I thought, from the lack of any response, that it was just me.

Evidently it's only the two of us or nobody else has noticed and/or cares.
--

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium
join:2001-07-23
West Hartford, CT
kudos:1
reply to StuartMW
My phone does that when I visit the in-laws. They live in southeast IL about 15 miles from the Wabash River [and Indiana]. Depending on which tower the phone latched on to, the time displayed on the phone would be EDT or CDT at random.

Are you in some location where you're close to another time zone, or are you using VPN to log into a server in another time zone?

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
Galt's Gulch
said by DrStrange:

Are you in some location where you're close to another time zone...

Yes I am but my IP would not show that. IP locators put me hundreds of miles east of where I actually am.

Anyway I've selected my timezone in member preferences.
--

nwrickert
sand groper
Premium,MVM
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL
kudos:7
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

1 edit
I normally don't look closely at the post time when I post. However, I have just posted a message, and it did have the correct time (using CDT). Now I'll check the posting time of this message.

Interesting. So this message posting time is off by one hour.

(edit1) Here's a difference in what I did. In the message that I posted earlier, I had used the "reply" button. In this message, I used the "qreply" button. Perhaps you would like to experiment with another post or three, to see if it is "qreply" that is broken.

(edit2) Fascinating. My editing of the message fixed the broken time stamp. After posting, the message show 8:31 as posting time (should have been 9:31). After editing, it showed 9:31. The editing time was 9:36.
--
AT&T Uverse; Buffalo WHR-300HP router (behind the 2wire gateway); openSuSE 12.3; firefox 19.0.2