Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
reply to mikedz4

Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

now I hear I may NOT get it until 2014 in my area. Cumon I wish someone would give me an good answer.

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
update. I just found out that central and western pa, eastern ohio, west Virginia and western Maryland will get the x1 around thanksgiving or Christmas (the end of q4 2013).

RalphKramden

join:2007-01-10
Newtown, PA
reply to mikedz4
said by mikedz4:

now I hear I may NOT get it until 2014 in my area. Cumon I wish someone would give me an good answer.

Don't understand why you need a date - it will get to your area when it gets there. Then you can get it. How does knowing a date make a difference? Clearly, getting 3 different answers is frustrating you. You'll sleep better if you let it go and wait to be surprised.

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast
I'd rather have it now. Tired of this same interface for 7 years now. Iguide stinks. It's like having an dummy phone when the newest phone comes out but your carrier telling you that you can't get a smart phone until they say so even though your neighbors have one already.

adkinsjm

join:2004-10-13
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
reply to mikedz4
said by mikedz4:

update. I just found out that central and western pa, eastern ohio, west Virginia and western Maryland will get the x1 around thanksgiving or Christmas (the end of q4 2013).

Is that a good-enough answer? Your area is not a priority compared to major metro areas.
--
Former Comcast, DIRECTV, DISH, iProvo, and UTOPIA subscriber. Now with Blue Ridge Communications.

RalphKramden

join:2007-01-10
Newtown, PA
reply to mikedz4
said by mikedz4:

I'd rather have it now. Tired of this same interface for 7 years now. Iguide stinks. It's like having an dummy phone when the newest phone comes out but your carrier telling you that you can't get a smart phone until they say so even though your neighbors have one already.

You're missing the point. Oh well...

SpHeRe31459
Premium
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA
kudos:2
said by RalphKramden:

Yep. The X1 is available in my area, but I'm no hurry to get it. There's tons of bugs and performance issues that still need to be sorted out, especially on the boxes with less CPU resources like the Pace RNG150N's they're giving out as non-DVR boxes. And for me, most importantly, they still don't have the X1 platform multi-room DVR enabled.

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast
said by SpHeRe31459:

said by RalphKramden:

Yep. The X1 is available in my area, but I'm no hurry to get it. There's tons of bugs and performance issues that still need to be sorted out, especially on the boxes with less CPU resources like the Pace RNG150N's they're giving out as non-DVR boxes. And for me, most importantly, they still don't have the X1 platform multi-room DVR enabled.

Maybe by the end of the year they will enable anyroom dvr on the x1 box.
I know it is in Beta testing right now with a lot of bugs. Just shocked that Harrisburg and Pittsburgh won't get it until the end of the year since we are all in the keystone region.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3
Another new DVR STB update pushed out I guess last night - timestamp is now March 11th.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

S10driver35

join:2009-09-29
New Castle, DE
Trying to empty out the deleted files off the DVR this afternoon. Shows that the DVR is 0% full (which is accurate) however all of the shows I emptied out of the deleted folder are still showing up in the folder (without the options to erase/restore etc). Guessing there's an issue with the cloud refreshing the DVR screen.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Yep - seeing the same thing here. It deletes them - but still shows. 2 hours later a random delete message popped up on my screen.

Growing pains!
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

aguiar0016

join:2006-01-23
New Bedford, MA
Hate that. But you are right, alot of things have been fixed some just need more work to make it better.

S10driver35

join:2009-09-29
New Castle, DE
said by aguiar0016:

Hate that. But you are right, alot of things have been fixed some just need more work to make it better.

Definitely right about that. There's alot I enjoy about the X1 that makes dealing with these issues not so bad.

SpHeRe31459
Premium
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA
kudos:2
reply to S10driver35
said by S10driver35:

Trying to empty out the deleted files off the DVR this afternoon. Shows that the DVR is 0% full (which is accurate) however all of the shows I emptied out of the deleted folder are still showing up in the folder (without the options to erase/restore etc). Guessing there's an issue with the cloud refreshing the DVR screen.

So this raises a question I've had since I heard about these recording issues. Why in the heck aren't the local recordings stored with local descriptions and a local DB cache? It's not like it would take much space on the hard drive. If they have any hiccups you "loose" all your recordings, until things get back working, even though the raw recordings are still there (or not in the case of deleted recordings) on your HDD. I get that the extra layer of cloud stuff is basically laying the foundation for seamless cloud storage down the road, but it seems pretty ill-conceived that your truly local recordings disappear too. Why isn't it more like unplugging an external hard drive on a set-top box? i.e. the extra (cloud in this case) recordings disappear but internal drive recordings are still available.

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15
reply to mikedz4
said by mikedz4:

According to this article on the LRC site late yesterday, the X1 platform is coming next to Washington, D.C., and will be rolled out to "every major city" served by Comcast in 2013:

Comcast's X1 Sets Sights on Nation's Capital
By Jeff Baumgartner, Light Reading Cable - March 25, 2013
»www.lightreading.com/tv/comcasts···40151653

PGHammer

join:2003-06-09
Accokeek, MD
However, what parts of DC? (The Washington, DC city and suburbs (Beltway Region) is a mishmash - different hardware and back-end setups abound. The city itself is ex-ATTBI; the suburbs are either former Jones Communications, Prime Communications, and two are even former Adelphia. Even the channel lineups differ from system to system. What I'd like to see is an intra-region rollout guide (which systems within the BR will get X1 when).

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
Good luck getting that. I think ONLY the very higher ups in the regions know which areas are getting it when and they aren't talking.

gate1975mlm
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA
kudos:8
reply to SpHeRe31459
None of my DVR recordings will play as of this morning!

If anyone wants it here is the direct Phone Number for X1 1-877-896-8678

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast

1 edit
Gate-
As I posted in the other thread - the DVR has sucked the past few days.

I'm getting verbally abused by my partner for ever signing up!

*EDIT* Just turned on the DVR - all DVR functionality is broke right now. Can't access recordings, says I have nothing scheduled.

Something got majorly f'd up. Wow. This is the biggest crash since i've had the box. They may have to rethink this whole cloud thing.