All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
kendall0401
join:2010-12-25
Morganton, NC

kendall0401 to applerule

to applerule

Re: [Other] I wish you would expand to unserved area...

I don't even have strong cell service at my house (1 bar in certain spots on verizon). How are your ping times?
Its a sad affair considering we only live around 7 miles from city limits.

Asheville definitely has decent wireless ISPs though, I tried to obtain service. Unfortunately they are one county away from reaching Western Burke Co.

I was actually given the name of the guy in charge of the budget and expansions for charter in neighboring Lenoir. Again unfortunately he is hardly ever in the office.
applerule
Premium Member
join:2012-12-23
Northeast TN
(Software) pfSense
ARRIS SB6183
Asus RT-N66

applerule

Premium Member

Have you looked at »www.lightleap.net/ ? Looks like they cover the Morganton area. Not very fast speeds but definitely better than dialup. I don't know anything about them.

On my U.S. Cellular connection I just ran some tests and put them at the bottom of the post for you.

If you want me to do any more tests let me know and I'll be glad to do so. My wife plays World of Warcraft with no latency issues or anything.

kendall0401
join:2010-12-25
Morganton, NC

kendall0401

WOW!!! Maybe 4G isn't too bad! Hopefully I'll have 4G as a possible option in the future. Sucks I'm going to have to sign a 2 year contract with a satellite internet for now.... booo.