Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
reply to mikedz4

Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

update. I just found out that central and western pa, eastern ohio, west Virginia and western Maryland will get the x1 around thanksgiving or Christmas (the end of q4 2013).

adkinsjm

join:2004-10-13
Cuyahoga Falls, OH

said by mikedz4:

update. I just found out that central and western pa, eastern ohio, west Virginia and western Maryland will get the x1 around thanksgiving or Christmas (the end of q4 2013).

Is that a good-enough answer? Your area is not a priority compared to major metro areas.
--
Former Comcast, DIRECTV, DISH, iProvo, and UTOPIA subscriber. Now with Blue Ridge Communications.

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:3
reply to mikedz4

said by mikedz4:

According to this article on the LRC site late yesterday, the X1 platform is coming next to Washington, D.C., and will be rolled out to "every major city" served by Comcast in 2013:

Comcast's X1 Sets Sights on Nation's Capital
By Jeff Baumgartner, Light Reading Cable - March 25, 2013
»www.lightreading.com/tv/comcasts···40151653

PGHammer

join:2003-06-09
Accokeek, MD

However, what parts of DC? (The Washington, DC city and suburbs (Beltway Region) is a mishmash - different hardware and back-end setups abound. The city itself is ex-ATTBI; the suburbs are either former Jones Communications, Prime Communications, and two are even former Adelphia. Even the channel lineups differ from system to system. What I'd like to see is an intra-region rollout guide (which systems within the BR will get X1 when).

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

Good luck getting that. I think ONLY the very higher ups in the regions know which areas are getting it when and they aren't talking.