join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:25
Imagine how fast those google searches will be now

Shada

join:2007-03-09
Stratford, ON
reply to TSI Marc
Twitch.tv Streams at 1080p that is what has me excited, plus super HD netflix for the first time, I have tried it but the buffer is real bad with 6 meg

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
Netflix will be a huge improvement on that speed. Welcome to the world of AMAZING!

Shada

Stratford, ON
reply to TSI Marc
now after my cable is all working correctly and I decide to cancel my DSL what happens to my pots phone line I have with you guys? can I keep just my phone line with you( I hope So)?

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
Absolutely!

Shada

Stratford, ON
said by TSI Andre:

Absolutely!

Excellent

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to TSI Marc
Hi guys,

Just a reminder that the beta is currently only available to people in the areas mentioned by Marc in the first post. Those in previously serviced areas such as Toronto will not have access to the new packages until those areas/POIs are migrated to ATPIA (Aggregated).

This is the link to the Migration Schedule: »[Cable] ATPIA - Migration Schedule
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery

TekSavvy Website | TekSavvy Blog

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
kudos:1
i don;t think i need 150/10 but Then again I don;t need many things I might just want 150/10 P:0 rofl.
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
Like a kid in the candy store... Something we just have to treat ourselves

eeyore_cm

join:2013-03-20
Do you figure you'll still be looking for more Betas next week when/if Guelph rolls out as planned. If so I'm in...

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
I wouldn't see why not but because its an existing order in the system, we may treat it differently like placing a change of service

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

2 edits
reply to TSI Marc
Tried to upload a quick Pricing Calculator but it wont work with many versions of Excel...

Ah well.

GTAmissions1

join:2013-03-18
reply to TSI Marc
I am a bit confused by this. What do these areas mean:

Barrie_sperling
Barrie_wickies

I live in the Barrie area and I cannot get cable. Just DSL, but I am hoping it works out since I am running DSL 15/10 which operates on the FTTN.

TSI Keith
Premium
join:2012-07-09
kudos:7
Hello,

Would you know if Rogers cable is available in your area. If so you would be a valid candidate for our beta testing.

Thank you,
Keith
--
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

GTAmissions1

join:2013-03-18
Hello TSI Keith:

Yes, Rogers Cable is available in my area because I previously had it last year and my last postal code check was a maximum of 45 mbps download. Currently, it is just cable right now, but I can provide more information in a private message if required.

Slam_83

join:2002-09-08
Oshawa, ON
reply to TSI Marc
I'm so happy. I can finally get faster speeds. So all I have to do is phone in and cancel DSL but I'm keeping my phone with Teksavvy.

eeyore_cm

reply to TSI Andre
I think you missed the drop down list feature in your price calculator. I added it in for you, seems to display the pricing correctly now. Couldn't figure it why it wasn't doing anything when i looked at it.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to GTAmissions1
This is good. Means you should qualify for this beta program providing you live in the areas above

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to eeyore_cm
I had it in there but when a older version of excel ( was using 2010) it wouldn't work

eeyore_cm

Okay try this then I re-saved file as .xls file. Should be compatible with older versions. At least it opens up in 2010 in compatibility mode and still works.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
I did the same thing and it freaked out on excel 2007. Ill have to check it tomorrow when I'm in then office (associates pc) and ill let you know.

Thanks for taking the time though

eeyore_cm

Just loaded it up on 2007, seemed to work all right here?

vincom

join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON
kudos:1
I just copied the text from the post and pasted it in the email and filled it in

distr0

join:2007-05-03
St George Brant, ON
reply to TSI Marc
Emailed in my request

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:22
reply to TSI Andre

Re: [Cable] ATPIA - Live in new areas - BETA March 22nd, 2013

said by TSI Andre:

- Approved modems for 150Mbps packages:
o Technicolor DCM476 STAC.02.50 HW Ver 2.0
o Technicolor DCM476 STAC.02.50 HW Ver 2.1

Thanks for getting this out as a Beta at least!

Why no DCM475 or Huawei on the 150mbit package? They are both 8 channel modems with the same Broadcom chipset as the DCM476.

Also.. It is perfectly reasonable to keep 4 channel modems off of 150mbit service, but.. it would be helpful to know if that is a Rogers imposed thing or a Teksavvy thing.
--
electronicsguru.ca
Expand your moderator at work

Insilin1i

join:2010-07-15
Toronto, ON
reply to Teddy Boom

Re: [Cable] ATPIA - Live in new areas - BETA March 22nd, 2013

Teksavvy should really mention this before hand, seems like a weird requirement that only the 476 is approved. Especially for people like me who are going to have to switch from a SB6121 to a DCM476 to get the faster speeds.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

1 edit
reply to Teddy Boom
I didn't know when I made this up last night... Thanks for catching that, I made a change for the other 8 Channel modems.

I think its simply if we start putting 4 channel modems on that high of a speed, it will eventually become a pain when we start getting even higher speeds. Although its supported, for the sake of this beta, I simply just don't want to recommend it. in order to avoid future pains.
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery

TekSavvy Website | TekSavvy Blog

xdrag

join:2005-02-18
North York, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Re: [Cable] Rogers ATPIA - Live - BETA - March 22nd, 2013

Andre,

Are you planning doing sign-ups for the McNicoll area that's going to migrated in early april? Would be interesting to start them 1 week in advance.