uniqs

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

[iPhone] Increase in Apple iPhone marketing emails...

I have received two in the past week toting how good the iPhone 5 is. Seems like Apple is a bit worried about the Galaxy S4...

Ctrl Alt Del
Premium Member
join:2002-02-18

Ctrl Alt Del

Premium Member

I have too, and I made sure to uncheck all marketing material from Apple when I created my account. There's a link at the bottom that says "If you prefer not to receive commercial email from Apple, or if you’ve changed your email address, please click here." Do that.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

Thanks, good idea.

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo to ptrowski

to ptrowski
It's the calendar. I don't have the statistics, but I believe (or read somewhere) that many of the iPhone 4 contracts are coming up for renewal (mine came up Feb 23). The phone sales (on a timeline) aren't smooth, but there are big peaks and valleys during the course of the year(s). As a marketing company, they are interested in advertising when they know their customers are in the market to purchase.
In addition to the Samsung, the Blackberry 10 went on sale yesterday, so presumably the airwaves will be saturated with smartphone advertising. Nothing says "yesterday's technology" like a manufacturer who doesn't advertise when their competitors are doing a marketing blitz.
I don't think their worried, this is how marketing works...you reach out to your customers with ads.

norbert26
Premium Member
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI

norbert26 to ptrowski

Premium Member

to ptrowski
they can send me all they want i am not on the market for a phone so i just ignore them.

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person
join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA

not quite right to haroldo

to haroldo
said by haroldo:

Nothing says "yesterday's technology" like a manufacturer who doesn't advertise when their competitors are doing a marketing blitz.
I don't think their worried, this is how marketing works...you reach out to your customers with ads.

+1