Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Got the Black and Black Interior. 60KW battery pack, for 260 miles on a charge. I also got the rear facing jump seats so the car will seat 7, 5 adults and 2 children under 70 lbs (or all the little Vietnamese people infesting my home)
I also sprung for the Super Charger, that can change the battery to 80% in about 45 minutes, and charging at a supercharger station is completely free provided by tesla.

Got approved for Pentagon Federal Credit Union for 1.9% financing, and looks like i negotiated them town to 1.45%

So excited. I have about 1-2 month wait for my vehicle.
--
»KmanScooters.com Home of Wisconsin's Most Affordable Cars, Motorcycles and Scooters
"Yes, I'm a Freemason
No, I don't know where the Grail is
No, I don't know where the Ark is
And don't even ask me about
"The Da Vinci Code."

OCZ
The Former Pocket

join:2009-05-15
Saint Paul, MN
Very cool, congratulations!

I want lots and lots of pics

No_Strings
Premium,MVM,Ex-Mod 2008-13
join:2001-11-22
The OC
kudos:6
I want a ride.

ThomasF

@vnisoft.net
reply to Anonuser
I'm assuming that the 260 mile range was a typo, but on the off chance you will be disappointed when your car arrives, I'd like to point out that the 60kWh model has an EPA estimated range of ~208 with a full "range" charge.

The 85kWh has an EPA estimated range of ~265 miles.

I have friends who own both types and they are all extremely impressed with their cars. The 60kWh is able to use a SuperCharger if you select the option (which you apparently did) and so is able to do road trips, albeit while having to recharge slightly more often.

I've driven a friends 60kWh (along with an 85 and a P85) and I can say it performs much better than my 2012 BMW 535i. Just an outstanding car and very fun to drive. With the normal "standard" charge you get ~150 miles of daily driving if you drive in the fast lane and don't try to conserve.

I did a road trip with my friend in the MS85 from LA to Vegas, and we basically drove normally the entire way, only stopping for a bit over an hour in Barstow to use the SuperCharger and grab a bite to eat.

At most that stop was 20 minutes longer than I normally stop on the trip, and was no big deal at all.

The only minor niggles anyone I know has is occasional bug's in the software and minor quality issues that you can't really notice unless you look extremely close.

In the case of the software, it's way more advanced than anything in my car and is very much like having a working computer built into your car. They update it all the time to fix bugs and add features, so I don't really see that as a problem, any more than I do when there are bugs in my iPad.

The quality issues seem super minor, and way less than what should be expected for a totally new manufacturer. Frankly, if I had known the Model S was going to be this good I would have held off a year and purchased one instead of getting my 535i.

Anonuser

join:2003-01-03
Milwaukee, WI
I did get to borrow a MS 64kw, although, it was a much more "loaded" version then the one I will be getting (as the less loaded have just started production), I was able to pull 240 miles on a standard charge before having to plug in. I am no stranger to EV's having built 22 to date. A supercharger is supposed to be installed on the south side of Milwaukee county. If the rumors are true, that install may be just 1/4 mile from home, so that makes it just that much sweeter with free charging. Would really have liked getting the MS85, but just did not work out financially.

In the case of my current finances, what I am paying in car payments for my Nissan Cube + what I spend on gas each month for it (even at 32-42mpg), I spend just a hair less then what the payments for a S would be.

I was pleasantly surprised by the acceleration. I was expecting Nissan Leaf accel on first test drive, but going from a freeway on ramp stop light to 85mph, in the time it took me to look from the road down to the speedo, just blew me a way.
--
»KmanScooters.com Home of Wisconsin's Most Affordable Cars, Motorcycles and Scooters
"Yes, I'm a Freemason
"The Da Vinci Code."

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
the Teslas have massive acceleration, And in fact any electric with a strong motor will as motors always have their torque ready.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-21
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Anonuser
said by Anonuser:

Got the Black and Black Interior. 60KW battery pack, for 260 miles on a charge. I also got the rear facing jump seats so the car will seat 7, 5 adults and 2 children under 70 lbs (or all the little Vietnamese people infesting my home)
I also sprung for the Super Charger, that can change the battery to 80% in about 45 minutes, and charging at a supercharger station is completely free provided by tesla.

Got approved for Pentagon Federal Credit Union for 1.9% financing, and looks like i negotiated them town to 1.45%

NOW we got to add road tax usage per mile

No free ride for you.
--
Well, does your car at least turn into something else? Sometimes I turn it into a trashcan. Hmm...

mjhouser
Premium
join:2001-10-06
reply to Anonuser
Congratulations! Very classy looking automobile.

Anonuser

Milwaukee, WI
reply to Anonymous_
said by Anonymous_:

said by Anonuser:

NOW we got to add road tax usage per mile

No free ride for you.

My truck more then makes up for it at 10mpg. It gets about 15,000 miles a year at 10mpg (towing 5,000 lbs trailer), to haul my products from the warehouse to my shop.
--
"Yes, I'm a Freemason
"The Da Vinci Code."

RobNyc
Premium
join:2002-03-06
New York, NY
reply to Anonuser
Congrats, how much was your total?

Am I the only one who think its looks so much like an Aston Martin ?
But also, new Mazda 6, Jaguar too.

Anonuser

Milwaukee, WI
said by RobNyc:

$74,570 before the $7,500 tax credit. Funny thing is, if I add the cost for my Nissan Cube payments, + what I spend on gas for it, I come up with the same monthly cost as my payments will be for the $75,000 tesla.
--
"Yes, I'm a Freemason
"The Da Vinci Code."

PrntRhd
Premium
join:2004-11-03
Fairfield, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Anonuser:

said by RobNyc:

$74,570 before the $7,500 tax credit. Funny thing is, if I add the cost for my Nissan Cube payments, + what I spend on gas for it, I come up with the same monthly cost as my payments will be for the $75,000 tesla.

How much is the insurance quote on the Tesla?

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
reply to Anonuser
said by Anonuser:

said by RobNyc:

That is the payment on the Tesla - outside of the 'fuel'. How long is it financed? I will bet insurance is quite a bit higher than on the Cube...

I would love to get the chance to drive one. I just hope they are able to stay around.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
Mullica Hill, NJ
said by CylonRed:

said by Anonuser:

said by RobNyc:

That is the payment on the Tesla - outside of the 'fuel'. How long is it financed? I will bet insurance is quite a bit higher than on the Cube...

I would love to get the chance to drive one. I just hope they are able to stay around.

I hope they last too. While their cars are very very expensive, I think their price point allows them to push the technology forward and install those supercharger stations.

Despite the rather harsh NYTimes article, I think these cars will be good for pushing the electric car forward as a whole.

Just think if the EV1 had never been killed I bet we would have had Teslas 10 years ago.
--

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18
said by Kearnstd:

Just think if the EV1 had never been killed I bet we would have had Teslas 10 years ago.

Yeah, the EV1 being kill off like it was after all the leasing owners ended up liking them and wanting to buy them after the test program ended is really fishy to me. The EV1 even had better range than some current PIE (Plug in Electrics) vehicles.

»www.digitaltrends.com/cars/how-d···ectrics/

»www.whokilledtheelectriccar.com/

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTHsTCBxDM8

--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

Anonuser

Milwaukee, WI
reply to PrntRhd
said by PrntRhd:

said by Anonuser:

said by RobNyc:

How much is the insurance quote on the Tesla?

$1,200/year before a progressive snap shot discount.
--
"Yes, I'm a Freemason
"The Da Vinci Code."

Anonuser

Milwaukee, WI

1 recommendation

reply to Doctor Olds
said by Doctor Olds:

said by Kearnstd:

Yeah, the EV1 being kill off like it was after all the leasing owners ended up liking them and wanting to buy them after the test program ended is really fishy to me. The EV1 even had better range than some current PIE (Plug in Electrics) vehicles.

(youtube clip)

I believe they will be around for a long time. They have been successful with the Roadster, they cant keep up with demand for the Model S, and are showing a profit for Q1, and they already have a ton of pre-registrations for the Model X, which isnt due out for another 1 1/2 years-ish.

As for the EV1, got to drive one back in late 90's, it was AMAZING! I have not had a similarly awesome driving experience until I got in the Model S.

As for anyone wanting to test drive a Model S, One word of advice, which I wish I would have headed myself....
DON'T TEST DRIVE IT UNLESS YOU KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO BUY ONE!

If you do not purchase after driving one, you will feel that empty hole in your soul, that feeling your missing something in your life!
--
"Yes, I'm a Freemason
"The Da Vinci Code."

Badonkadonk
Premium
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Dish Network
reply to Anonuser
Congratulations. I'm jealous of you. I wanted one so badly, but just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. I need more assurance that there will be enough charging stations in the midwest.

But Tesla will be around for a while I believe. They've done it right. I think Musk is the Ford of this generation. The guy is a genius.
--
"You lie!" Talk about an understatement, Joe.

Lone Wolf
Retired
Premium
join:2001-12-30
USA
reply to Anonuser
Congrats and good luck!

I wanted to take a test drive in one but the nearest dealer is 115 miles from my house.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
Mullica Hill, NJ
reply to Anonuser
Interesting, the Model X has doors like a Delorean for its back seat row.
--

Badonkadonk
Premium
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL
kudos:5
Not quite like a Delorean. But similar.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
reply to Anonuser
Congrats, that is awesome.
Let us know how it goes.
--
...brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
reply to Anonuser
That's a really nice car. My mall (GSP) has a dealership inside and I got to sit in one, I would buy one in the future.
--
Romney - Ryan 2012
Christie 2016

Anonuser

Milwaukee, WI
reply to Anonuser
Well, time is ticking down. My Model S is sitting in Chicago right now waiting final paperwork.

I got my $50,000 loan check in the mail yesterday and the associated loan paperwork. PenFED at 1.74% Tried Alliant Credit Union, at 1.49%, but they would not approve me. PenFED no questions asked, checks in the mail.

Waiting for FedEX to show up with my Tesla Documents I need to sign and overnight back to Tesla HQ with the Finance Check and My check. Once that is done, car is mine!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAhahaha,,,,......
--
"Yes, I'm a Freemason
"The Da Vinci Code."

markwp2001
Spreadhead
Premium
join:2002-05-25
Long Beach, MS
reply to Anonuser
So with a gasoline powered car getting, say, 25 miles a gallon, current gasoline cost for those 25 miles would be about $3.50. What would the comparable electric cost for this car be?

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18
said by markwp2001:

So with a gasoline powered car getting, say, 25 miles a gallon, current gasoline cost for those 25 miles would be about $3.50. What would the comparable electric cost for this car be?

Zero per mile when they install the Tesla Supercharger station near his location.
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

Anonuser

Milwaukee, WI
reply to Anonuser
Exactly! And, to top it off, MACT Tech College has a Free level 2 charger, and it's right on my way to work. AAA HQ here in Milwaukee County just off the freeway also has a free L2 Charger, AND, their is a Nissan Dealership 5 blocks from my home, with a Leaf Level 2 charger that is compatible (I have no remorse using the Nissan Charger, since that dealership has gotten over 15 New vehicle sales from my family since 1999. If you give a fuss, they will lose all my future business).

I don't have the 240 outlet installed at home yet, as I have not had time, but I have plenty of 240 welding outlets at work to plug into, and for my daily commute, right now 110/120 outlet will be more then enough for basic overnight charging.

Only thing I really need to do now, is install a outdoor 220/240 outlet at my partents motel in Wisconsin Dells. That way I can make the return trip from Milwaukee. Right now, with the 60 kw battery, I can get to the dells and half way back on a single charge.
A 110 should be fine, but I have a lot of other Tesla owners that want to stay at my parents place that come from Chicago, that need a larger power supply.
220/240 = 31 miles per hour of charging, 110/120 = 1-5 miles per hour of charging depending on outside temps (battery management, either heats or air conditions the battery pack, which it uses grid power to do so when charging).

Will update further, looking at a Tuesday or Wednesday Delivery .
--
"Yes, I'm a Freemason
"The Da Vinci Code."

markwp2001
Spreadhead
Premium
Long Beach, MS
reply to Doctor Olds
said by Doctor Olds:

said by markwp2001:

Zero per mile when they install the Tesla Supercharger station near his location.

What is the cost when charging at home?

markwp2001
Spreadhead
Premium
Long Beach, MS
reply to Anonuser
Also, that is a beautiful car.

saillaw
Premium
join:2007-05-08
Dismay
kudos:2
reply to Anonuser
This really is a very cool car, I'm really looking forward to your reports, congrats!!