spc
Search similar:

uniqs

JPAL
@verizon.net

JPAL

Anon

The bad and the good

My DSL connection, along with my Verizon land line connection died this morning. I had been getting intermittent DSL outages for the past three weeks and had reported the problem to DSL Extreme. There was an open ticket number (5266548) with level 2 support.

This morning when I called DSLX to report the lack of connection the tech who claimed to be level 2 was hardly qualified to be a level 1. It was obvious he was reading from a script. Even though I informed him that the problem was at Verizon's end he insisted on my complying with his check points which included doing a hard physical reset on the modem which caused a loss of all the settings.

Once Verizon got the phone line back up I called DSLX and was fortunate to be connected with Mike (MC) a real level 2 tech. What a pleasure. Mike knows his job and knows how to communicate his instructions clearly.

If DSLX tech support were all like Mike I would be willing to recommend DSLX unconditionally.

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

Hey JPAL, I'm sorry you had trouble with your line, and doubly sorry you had a bad experience with one of our techs. Rest assured, we've taken corrective action; ideally, your line won't run into any further trouble and you won't need to call in, but if you should, expect service much like you got from Mike.

I *am* glad that Mike was able to get you up and running. I'll be sure to pass your praise onto him!