Premium Member
join:2002-03-15
Oklahoma City, OK

H2OuUp2 to MarkyD

Premium Member

to MarkyD

Re: [OK] Oklahoma speed upgrades

Here is what my email said about the speed increase: REC on 10/1/2013

In the spirit of providing you the best service possible, we'll be upgrading your Cox High Speed Internet so it's faster than ever before – With top speeds up to 100 Mbps! In just a few short weeks, this automatic speed increase will power all of your devices so you can stream HD videos, download music, upload photos and more…even faster.

JUST SIT BACK AND RELAX, SO YOU CAN ENJOY
YOUR EVEN FASTER COX HIGH SPEED INTERNET.

crs489
@cox.net

crs489

Anon

So the upgrade is only for the Ultimate tier? Because I haven't received anything about this.
ependergrass
join:2007-07-21
Edmond, OK

ependergrass

I received an email and I am not on Ultimate.

Strike
@cox.net

Strike

Anon

I'm on the ultimate tier in Midwest City and still have yet to receive an e-mail regarding an upgrade.

Soon, hopefully.

crs489
@cox.net

crs489

Anon

Yeah, the email thing kinda annoys me a little. If cox is going to inform there customers about service changes then they need to send it out to EVERYONE! Not just a few selected individuals. I never even got any letter in mail or email about the last speed upgrade.

MarkRH
Premium Member
join:2005-02-08
Edmond, OK

MarkRH to MarkyD

Premium Member

to MarkyD
I got the email from Cox on Oct 1st. Currently on their Premiere plan. They already upgraded me to a Docsis 3.0 modem some time ago.

SoonerAl
MVM
join:2002-07-23
Norman, OK

SoonerAl to crs489

MVM

to crs489
FWIW I am on the Preferred tier in Norman running my old Motorola SB5101U modem (DOCSIS 2.0) and as I noted before I received the email awhile back. I would not be too worried about not receiving an email. The whole network will be upgraded soon and everyone can partake if they want. Personally I am quite happy where I am with our internet usage.

Strike
@cox.net

Strike

Anon

My connection keeps dropping tonight. Hopefully that's a sign that the upgrade is being worked on?

Or maybe I'm just a dreamer.

H2OuUp2
Happy to be here
Premium Member
Oklahoma City, OK

H2OuUp2 to MarkyD

Premium Member

to MarkyD
Here it is 17 days later and still no upgrade. When Cox? When?
Gardentool
join:2013-01-18
Oklahoma City, OK

Gardentool

I saw a Cox commercial the other night about the speed upgrades so hopefully soon.
ependergrass
join:2007-07-21
Edmond, OK

ependergrass to H2OuUp2

to H2OuUp2
said by H2OuUp2:

Here it is 17 days later and still no upgrade. When Cox? When?

"In the coming weeks!" ..... 52 is a number of weeks!

300 is a number of weeks!

H2OuUp2
Happy to be here
Premium Member
Oklahoma City, OK

H2OuUp2 to MarkyD

Premium Member

to MarkyD
300 is some weeks. Cox???

Secret
@204.16.68.x

Secret

Anon

Take my word for it the 24th

H2OuUp2
Happy to be here
Premium Member
Oklahoma City, OK

H2OuUp2 to MarkyD

Premium Member

to MarkyD
300 is some weeks. Cox???

w0kie
join:2001-12-23
USA

w0kie to MarkyD

to MarkyD
Tulsa World 10/22/13 reports that Tulsa on 10/24/13 will see the following max speed increases:

Connect2Compete 3 to 5
Essential 3 to 5
Preferred 12 to 25
Premier 25 to 50
Ultimate 50 to 100

Cox spokeswomen Christine Martin says "the vast majority of customers will get the increase with no price change, though a small number of customers on an older package of service may see an increase." Martin said the increase is due partly because of new modems being installed in customer homes and partly to network and operation center improvements.