patt2k

join:2009-01-16
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to SRF26

Re: Can No Longer Reach A Website - Weird

said by SRF26:

I doubt that a 5-10 minute power down will expire your IP address. I recommend you power off the router before going to bed and power it back up in the morning. There is a way to release the IP via the Actiontec menus, but I couldn't get it to work. Here's a YouTube video on how to do it:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8co-YCzh2zw

Good luck...JL

Lol wow it worked! It doesn't show Verizon Internet anymore and it shows Verizon Fios

I did release/renew unplugged actiontec for 30 seconds , plug back in WORKED!

and my upload is fixed!! I get more then 33 mbps of upload wooot

Silver_2000
Premium
join:2005-12-12
Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to SRF26

I run a couple forums and host a few more
Most likely thing is your PC or your account got sideways with either the admins or the server itself

My server will autoblock IPs that attempt questionable behavior. Usually its for a short time then resets. But if you or your PC persist you can get banned permanently
If that happens the entire server disappears to you ... nothing

SRF26

join:2000-04-03
Jamaica, NY

Nothing wrong with my PC or account. I was able to connect to the site and access my account from another location (different IP). I could not connect to this website from ANY of the PCs on my home network. The connection problem was resolved when I got a new IP address.

Regards....JL

Silver_2000
Premium
join:2005-12-12
Carrollton, TX

like I said - Its likely your IP was banned by the server - the owner of the site might not even know.....