uniqs

MuDvAyNe
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY

MuDvAyNe

Premium Member

STB showing wrong time

I have been doing some work in the basement. My 7232 was unplugged for a few weeks. Today I reconnected it just to have some more storage space since I have been falling behind on some shows. Right now it's 11pm. The box shows 10pm. The funny thing is it still records the right show at the proper time. I have not connected the box to a tv yet but I don't see how that would solve the problem anyway. I rebooted the box a few times and the time is still wrong. Any solutions on how to fix this or is a factory reset necessary?

Edit: just realized I didn't post this in the tv forum mod please move to the proper forum
propcgamer
join:2001-10-10

propcgamer

Try unplugging it for a few minutes, plug back in.

MuDvAyNe
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

MuDvAyNe

Premium Member

I've done that a number of times. Still shows the wrong time.
UofMiamiGrad
Premium Member
join:2001-02-03
Syosset, NY

UofMiamiGrad to MuDvAyNe

Premium Member

to MuDvAyNe
Here is the fix: »forums.verizon.com/t5/Fi ··· p/549191

MuDvAyNe
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit

MuDvAyNe

Premium Member

Thanks. I guess I do have to wait for my tv to be connected lol.

Edit: seems you can do it from any box. Fixed the issue. Thanks again!
davidplatt
join:2003-02-13
Herndon, VA

davidplatt

Make sure that the time on the router is correct. I was having problems with shows starting a minute early and stopping a minute early.

I found out that it was the time server that was configured on the Verizon router that was the problem. It was syncing with time.actiontec.com and it's time was off by one minute.

I changed the primary time server to clock.psu.edu and the problem disappeared - the STBs time corrected and shows started and stopped at the right times. It's under Advanced -> Date and Time