spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Tomcat7810

@verizon.net

Router with fios actiontec

Ok so i have read through a lot of the different dual router configurations for fios customers. However I am still lost. I was wondering how I can get a better setup for my wireless gaming, and roku in my house. I have tv/internet and want to keep the on demand services. I have a netgear wndr3800 that I just bought and I want to use that to make all my wireless connections because it should work much better at n speeds. I simply just want to optimize my house for better range and great speed. So I think the answer is to use my actiontec as my vod services and as a switch and then have my second router be the main for all wireless connections.

Can someone please recommend me the best setup for excellent performance?

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:32
Your wireless performance is going to depend on router location, obstructions between the router and your devices, and interference from nearby networks.

Whether the Netgear is primary or secondary router will have no bearing on wireless performance.

So unless you have reason to make the Netgear your primary router, I recommend the following:
»Verizon Online FiOS FAQ »Can I use my wireless or an extra router along with the Verizon provided router?
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.