Search similar:

uniqs

Braincramp2
join:2011-05-16
Beaverton, OR

1 edit

Braincramp2

[MoP] Elusive Dire Horn Book

Has anyone had luck getting the book to learn how to tame the Direhorn pet for hunters? I am up to about 250 mobs killed and still have yet to see it. It is listed as a 1.72% drop rate from the Dinomancers on the Isle of the Giants and I have seen numerous players with it, just not me.

It has not been a complete waste of time as I have collected 8 battle pets, over 150 windwool cloth, about 500g+, and 40+ motes of harmony, but sadly no book.

Tweakbl
join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV

Tweakbl

Yep. Farmed it, got it tenth kill then, got two more the next day.
Not bragging or nothing. I was gonna keep the spare ones but they are BOP.
Tweakbl

Tweakbl

Correction just checked my bank and yes I have them still. I am holding them in case they get to be BOE.
Tweakbl

Tweakbl to Braincramp2

to Braincramp2
If you are having a hard time with it. (Which from your post you are)

Have you considered a Potion of Luck (For 15 min or so) to boost drops? It may help.

Braincramp2
Beaverton, OR

Braincramp2

I will have to pick a couple of those up

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario to Braincramp2

to Braincramp2
Took me about 50 kills.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to Braincramp2

to Braincramp2
I was on a raid to kill Oondasta, as you know we have to clear some dinos out of the area to be confy, I saw at least 2 books drop, sadly I wasn't on my hunter, took some minutes to some hunter picking it up.

It seems the bigger dinos have more chance than the humanoids, and of course the bigger dinos can't be soloed, I strongly suggest going there when Oondasta is up, join a raid, pull some dinos to kill (most of the raid is bored so they'll help LOL)

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

I believe it's only supposed to drop off of the Humanoids.
djlar

djlar

said by Snuffbox:

I believe it's only supposed to drop off of the Humanoids.

I don't know, is there any humanoids where Oondasta is? I think I saw one that's the one that tames him or something and maybe has a better chance? I couldn't tell since it's AOE loot it doesn't tell you who dropped it.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9

Premium Member

Yes, there's about ~8 or so humanoids spread out around him..

Bodybagger
Premium Member
join:2010-03-30
Saint Matthews, SC

Bodybagger to Braincramp2

Premium Member

to Braincramp2
Farm the boat right off shore where the rare spawns on the deck. The entire boat is probably ~25 of those trolls. 11th kill and a friend of mine got his. The only problem is the big ass dino when you are trying to get onto the boat.
djlar

djlar

I have a neat trick to get into the boat, fly over there, with luck (or parachute/glider) you'll land on the boat when you are automatically dismounted, the first time I landed with my shaman ,but right in the middle of the elites, didn't go so well..
But you can ghost run over there and spawn carefully, heck if you can't land there just die near it and spawn close

Doodgraver
@thenetworkfactory.nl

Doodgraver

Anon

Got it within 50 - 55 kills. 2.5h worth of grinding. Got 4 dino pets in de proces aswell (1 dupe, still missing toenibbler)

Braincramp2
Beaverton, OR

Braincramp2 to djlar

to djlar
The easy trick for hunters to get on the boat is camoflage swim over and jump on the little boats by the dock and then up onto the dock.

Sadly I went back today and tried the boat idea without reward. Got a few more of the pets to throw on the AH, but after 50 more kills with potion of luck I only netted 4 pets, 24 motes, and 45 bones. I am beginning to think that I will get to 9999 bones before I get to tame a direhorn

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario

Check your bags, maybe you already looted it and didn't notice.

Braincramp2
Beaverton, OR

Braincramp2

I did not check my bags thoroughly after this round I will have to in the morning tomorrow, but I did after the last few rounds with no luck
djlar

djlar

Went there, 2 kills, book's mine.. LOL

I had way more trouble taming a spirit porcupine than this

Braincramp2
Beaverton, OR

Braincramp2

Finally got it today first kill of the day when i logged in