Teddy Boom to TSI Andre

Premium Member

to TSI Andre

Re: [Cable] ATPIA - Live in new areas - BETA March 22nd, 2013

said by TSI Andre:

- Approved modems for 150Mbps packages:
o Technicolor DCM476 STAC.02.50 HW Ver 2.0
o Technicolor DCM476 STAC.02.50 HW Ver 2.1

Thanks for getting this out as a Beta at least!

Why no DCM475 or Huawei on the 150mbit package? They are both 8 channel modems with the same Broadcom chipset as the DCM476.

Also.. It is perfectly reasonable to keep 4 channel modems off of 150mbit service, but.. it would be helpful to know if that is a Rogers imposed thing or a Teksavvy thing.
Expand your moderator at work
Insilin1i
join:2010-07-15
Toronto, ON

Insilin1i to Teddy Boom

to Teddy Boom

Re: [Cable] ATPIA - Live in new areas - BETA March 22nd, 2013

Teksavvy should really mention this before hand, seems like a weird requirement that only the 476 is approved. Especially for people like me who are going to have to switch from a SB6121 to a DCM476 to get the faster speeds.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

1 edit

TSI Andre to Teddy Boom

Premium Member

to Teddy Boom
I didn't know when I made this up last night... Thanks for catching that, I made a change for the other 8 Channel modems.

I think its simply if we start putting 4 channel modems on that high of a speed, it will eventually become a pain when we start getting even higher speeds. Although its supported, for the sake of this beta, I simply just don't want to recommend it. in order to avoid future pains.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom

Premium Member

said by TSI Andre:

I didn't know when I made this up last night... Thanks for catching that, I made a change for the other 8 Channel modems.

Thanks Andre!