how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

patb94

join:2010-08-09
Ottawa, ON

Teksavvy prices take effect later for existing customer

I just received a new invoice (dated 3/22/2013) for my 25/10 DSL in Montreal and noticed that I was still being billed the old rate of $52.99 instead of the new Quebec rate of $44.99. I called the accounting department and was surprised to learn that the new prices don't take effect for new customers until the 27th. I then asked if I would be receiving a credit for the period from the 27th to the next billing date and I was told that he did not know and that I would have to take this up with customer service.

I was then transferred to customer service who began referencing an email that WILL BE sent out to explain that the change will be effective on the 27th for existing customers and that there would be no credit for overpayment in my case. I explained that the information available to me was clear (the price notice on the website) that there is new pricing as of the 20th and I should not be charged a higher price, she would not hear it.

2013 Price Notice
As of March 20, 2013, TekSavvy is delighted to announce brand new low prices and higher speed options for new and existing customers.

As I told her I would do, I am now taking this issue public... should existing customers be required to wait for the new prices to take effect on some arbitrary later date? I understand the desire to announce new prices early in order to drive up new subscriptions but the applicable date in the announcement seems clear ("As of March 20, 2013"). If the prices are to be effective on the 27th then that needs to be clear and not hidden in an email that will be sent out at a later date when it serves your purpose.

Also, if (and I don't accept they do) the prices take effect on the 27th then why I am still expected to continue to pay the higher price after that date?

I also understand that the notice states that existing customers will be notified of changes but it does not say that these changes will be effective at a later date.

**Existing customers will be notified by e-mail if there are changes to their account.

I look forward to receiving an explanation that is more then "this is what we say in an email that will be sent out later".

Patrick

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.

It was already announced by Andre (I believe) that new pricing doesn't take effect until next month's bill.
--
BHell... A Public Futility. When life throws you lemons, make lemonade.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to patb94

You will receive an email when the change takes effect it will be reflected upon the following invoice after that email

patb94

Ottawa, ON

So are you saying that the price changes will take place at some different later date for existing customers then for new customers?

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Correct

patb94

Ottawa, ON

How is it fair in light of the apparently clear notice which is supposed to apply to new and existing customers?

Are you now saying that part of the notice (the date) should not apply to existing customers?

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

What I am saying is that the speeds are now into affect any anyone looking to order them can. If an existing customer wants to make the change now, they most certainly can. If existing customers do not make a change, we will be sending out notices soon to address any possible changes in speeds/pricing for them and if there are changes in pricing, it would most likely take effect on the next invoice after the notice has been sent.

I hope this clarifies a few things.
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery

TekSavvy Website | TekSavvy Blog

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
reply to patb94

patb94 ... that kind of thing is often done by companies ... new price for new agreements; new price for existing customers may follow. The world isn't fair is it?

patb94

Ottawa, ON
reply to TSI Andre

Again, this does not address the date or the fairness issue. If I read what you are writing correctly, if I had changed my speed on the 20th I would be under the new pricing but since I did not I am still subject to the old pricing based on an email that WILL BE sent out.

For example, if I was of a lower tier and I upgraded on the the 21st to 25/10 it sounds to me like my bill would have been at the new 25/10 rate but since I didn't make a change then my bill is at the old price. This seems to discriminate against existing customers who should be entitled to the new prices on the same dates as new customers or existing custom who opt to change their package.

Please explain how this is not so.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to patb94

said by patb94:

How is it fair in light of the apparently clear notice which is supposed to apply to new and existing customers?

Are you now saying that part of the notice (the date) should not apply to existing customers?

We aren't doing it this way because we want more sales. We are doing it this way because we need to have the new rates setup before we can migrate anybody to them and plus its way more work to sort out existing users. It's not a question of fair. It's a question of practicality.

Aren't you happy to get a rate reduction? Maybe I was wrong to assume this. Maybe the best solution is to grandfather everybody and be done with it. Much much more simple for us.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

bbiab

join:2004-05-26

Marc, perhaps you could make it clear when new prices will be reflected on invoices. Starting April 1st billings? April 1st due dates? when exactly? I know I was kinda expecting my next bill in a couple days to reflect new pricing.

dchdrake
Premium
join:2005-04-29
Windsor, ON
reply to patb94

It would be nice for existing customers to get the lower price now that they are in effect for new customers. I think that if your price was going up, you would want it to start on your next invoice.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to bbiab

said by bbiab:

Marc, perhaps you could make it clear when new prices will be reflected on invoices. Starting April 1st billings? April 1st due dates? when exactly? I know I was kinda expecting my next bill in a couple days to reflect new pricing.

No, it's not possible without pro-rating everybody... And that's way way more work....

Everybody is billed on different dates..

As far as exact date when it will start appearing, we don't know exactly when yet, ill post next week about it. This decision has completely swamped us... We're working around the clock already to make all of this happen. Very frustrating from our end too...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

QuantumPimp

join:2012-02-19
Reviews:
·voip.ms

said by TSI Marc:

said by bbiab:

Marc, perhaps you could make it clear when new prices will be reflected on invoices.

No, it's not possible without pro-rating everybody... And that's way way more work....

Marc, I'd just assumed that every pre-paid invoice after the 20th is billed at the new rate. No pro rating. Yes, there could be some unfairness depending on your start date. Those who care will swamp your customer support. I won't be one of them.

Sorry, I can't understand the operational issues so it's hard to relate. Leaving this issue up in the air is strange.

QuantumPimp

join:2012-02-19
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to sbrook

said by sbrook:

patb94 ... that kind of thing is often done by companies ... new price for new agreements; new price for existing customers may follow. The world isn't fair is it?

I like TekSavvy so this probably won't affect my world view. With the cost to switch TPIA at $50 the world can be made to be very fair, very easily, very quickly. Tough love can be made to work in both directions right?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to QuantumPimp

said by QuantumPimp:

said by TSI Marc:

said by bbiab:

Marc, perhaps you could make it clear when new prices will be reflected on invoices.

Marc, I'd just assumed that every pre-paid invoice after the 20th is billed at the new rate. No pro rating. Yes, there could be some unfairness depending on your start date. Those who care will swamp your customer support. I won't be one of them.

Sorry, I can't understand the operational issues so it's hard to relate. Leaving this issue up in the air is strange.

Yeah I agree, there's no intent to leave it up in the air.. We'll have it sorted out in the next week. The message is poorly written. It intends to mean that existing users will also get the same rates but not necessarily at the same time. I'm hopeful that we'll be able to start converting existing users within the next week but we just haven't had the time to nail it down yet.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

patb94

Ottawa, ON
reply to TSI Marc

I am happy with the rate reduction but that is not the issue? if the price had gone up as of the 20th can you honestly tell me that it would not have been reflected in my invoice on the 22nd?

As I have stated before, the notice seems clear that the new pricing is introduced as of the 20th, saying that you will send out emails later to existing customers doesn't change the start date of the new pricing.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

said by patb94:

I am happy with the rate reduction but that is not the issue? if the price had gone up as of the 20th can you honestly tell me that it would not have been reflected in my invoice on the 22nd?

That is correct. That is the situation for all those in Cogeco territory.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

patb94

Ottawa, ON

So when will the price increase be reflected on my home phone bill (billed on the first of the month)?

And will I still pay the old price for my Ontario DSL 25/10 that is billed on the 25th of the month?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

said by patb94:

So when will the price increase be reflected on my home phone bill (billed on the first of the month)?

And will I still pay the old price for my Ontario DSL 25/10 that is billed on the 25th of the month?

At the moment, there are a total of zero existing customers who have had any change in their invoices. Up, or down.

For any services where the rates go up, you will get a full 30 day notice before your rate goes up.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

patb94

Ottawa, ON

So you are telling me that the notice is wrong and should read:

2013 Price Notice
As of March 20, 2013, TekSavvy is delighted to announce brand new low prices and higher speed options for new and existing customers. Existing customers will be notified at some later date when these prices become effective.
(I consider an existing customer who changes its speed a new customer).

For some reason I think this might have received a little more backlash.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

I think your reading to much into it. The notice states that we are introducing new packages and existing customers will receive a notice when it will impact them (Price change)

when that notice is sent, customers will have a 30 day notice before the changes takes effect.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to patb94

For you, yes. That's how you should read it.

It's a general announcement. It does say that existing users will get a notice. You are an existing user no?

I agree that it leaves existing users a bit in limbo not knowing when they can expect the change but like I said, its not intentional, there's just been no cycles left with everything else going on. Just read on these boards. It's a zoo. We'll have it sorted, including the notice, within a week most likely.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

patb94

Ottawa, ON

I don't think this applies only to me ("For you, yes."). It applies to any customer who is billed between the 20th and some date in the future to be determined at some later time.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

said by patb94:

I don't think this applies only to me ("For you, yes."). It applies to any customer who is billed between the 20th and some date in the future to be determined at some later time.

Maybe. But you can hardly say now that we were not clear with *you*.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

patb94

Ottawa, ON

Only after I sought an explanation of something that you acknowledge is improperly worded. I should be able to count on your official statements (notice on the website). I did not raise a single questions when the prices were first floated in the discussion group regarding when they would be effective, I was happy to wait for the roll out to occur on your terms, but once you announce an effective date for new and existing customers then I think you need to stand by your statements.

Also, if you wait long enough this can be an issue for every existing customer.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

If you've been reading in here than you would already know that existing users are still to be dealt with! Besides, the official notice as you put it, does say that existing users will get a notice.

This has just caused me to miss Tigger's wicked putt. What a waste.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to patb94

He just eagled to get tied with the lead. Are you watching that?
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada

GO TIGER WOODS!!!

patb94

Ottawa, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Not watching but sorry to have made you miss that... I'm in the process of configuring a computer for my wife's store... much less exciting.

Again I know the notice included the mention that existing customers will be notified, but as I have stated before it does not say that they will have to wait to benefit from the reduction, only that they will be notified if they are affected. Those are very different things.

As you have said, I have received clarification, so I thank you for that.

Enjoy the rest of the game.