Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

patb94

join:2010-08-09
Ottawa, ON
reply to Guru

Re: Teksavvy prices take effect later for existing customer

Actually Guru, what was said by Marc is "For any services where the rates go up, you will get a full 30 day notice before your rate goes up."

CMonkey is asking about a situation where his price will go down when he gets moved to the higher tier because his will be eliminated. I don't think this was answered other than to say that emails will be sent out at some later date.

TSI Jon
Premium
join:2011-08-24
canada
kudos:10

If the price goes down, we will provide notice when it happens, customers do not need to take any action, it will happen automatically when the customer's migration happens.

**We will first roll out new pricing. About a week later we will migrate existing customers to the new packages.
--
E-Services Team Leader
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

anyweather

@infonet.com
reply to patb94

I'm current on DSL 6 with 300gb cap. If I switch to the DSL 15 with 300gb cap now, will the new pricing of $32.99 take effect or the old one?

EdT

join:2009-06-12
Saint-Laurent, QC
reply to TSI Jon

Does the faster profile also happen automatically or do customers need to contact TSI prior ?

Eug

join:2007-04-14
Canada
reply to patb94

For uploads not counting towards the usage cap, does that change only get implemented when the accounts are switched over to they new price plans?
--
Everything Apple

TSI Jon
Premium
canada
reply to anyweather

Yes, everything is updated for DSL you should be good to go.

TSI Jon
Premium
canada
reply to EdT

Faster or slower, if the price decreases or remains the same the change will happen automatically yes.
--
E-Services Team Leader

bbiab

join:2004-05-26

Some of us are still waiting for revised pricing. Could you answer Eug please.

TSI Jon
Premium
canada
reply to Eug

I'm checking on this one right now and will get back to you.

TSI Jon
Premium
canada

The answer to your question is yes, providing we have a bandwidth tool in functioning use.
--
E-Services Team Leader

Eug

Canada

OK thx.

I usually get my invoice at the end of the month (ie. after March 27), so I'm good to go for April with the new pricing and data usage rules hopefully.

I note however that the Ontario DSL data usage tracking tool still combines uploads and downloads for the total, and makes no mention of upload data being free. I guess that will be updated eventually.
--
Everything Apple

TSI Jon
Premium
canada

Yes all the tools for tracking are being reviewed and will get updated as everything rolls out. Lots of things in the making right now.
--
E-Services Team Leader

Eug

Canada

New prices in effect for existing Teksavvy users

said by Eug:

I usually get my invoice at the end of the month (ie. after March 27), so I'm good to go for April with the new pricing and data usage rules hopefully.

Yep. Got my invoice today dated March 31. It has the new pricing. Yay!

said by TSI Jon:

Yes all the tools for tracking are being reviewed and will get updated as everything rolls out. Lots of things in the making right now.

Thanks. I'm almost always below (and usually well below) the 300 GB peak upload+download cap anyway, but the free uploads with the new pricing will be a nice extra cushion.
--
Everything Apple

hehehehaaaa

join:2013-02-25
reply to patb94

How will the new prices take effect for people who signed up through a reseller? I signed up with you guys through RedBox if that matters.

BritanniaTec

join:2012-10-13
Ottawa, ON

Is this only for DSL customers or does it affect Cable customers as well?

Eug

Canada
reply to patb94

Got a letter from TekSavvy

Dear Eug,

We are writing to inform you of some really great changes to your Internet service from TekSavvy. We are lowering pricing and passing on the savings to all of our customers! How TekSavvy is that?

As of your next billing date, you will notice that the Internet package you are subscribing to will change from xxxx at $xx.xx to yyyy at $yy.yy.

No action is required on your part. As of March 27th, 2013 TekSavvy automatically made the updates to our system. Your next bill will reflect the new pricing.

To find the latest news from the TekSavvy Team like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or visit teksavvy.com.

Thank you for your continued support, and loyalty.

Sincerely,

The TekSavvy Team
TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
We're Different. In a Good Way.
Frequently Asked Questions

When can I expect to see my new lower price on my invoice?

Invoices received after March 27th, 2013 will have your new pricing. There is no action to be taken on your part. If you receive your invoice and have not received your new pricing, please call us at 1.877.779.1575.

Why is TekSavvy changing prices?

TekSavvy is changing pricing because of a recent decision at the CRTC regarding CBB rates. We are also working to keep all of our customers happy. That means passing the savings on to all our customers, new and existing. Some companies call that a "Loyalty" program. We call it fair.

---

Chère Eug

Nous vous écrivons pour vous informer de quelques changements vraiment super concernant votre service Internet avec TekSavvy. Nous réduisons les prix et nous donnons les économies à nos clients! N'est-ce pas formidable?

Dès votre prochaine date de facturation, vous remarquerez que votre forfait Internet changera de xxxx à $xx.xx pour yyyy à $yy.yy.

Aucune action n'est requise de votre part. Le 27 mars 2013 TekSavvy effectuera automatiquement les mises à jour dans nos systèmes pour votre prochaine date de facturation.

Pour trouver les dernières nouvelles de l'équipe de TekSavvy comme nous le Facebook ou suivez-nous sur Twitter ou visitez teksavvy.com.

Nous vous remercions de votre soutien continu et de votre loyauté.

Cordialement,

L'équipe de TekSavvy
TekSavvy Solutions Inc
Nous sommes différents. Dans le bon sens.

Foire aux Questions

Quand puis-je m'attendre à voir mon nouveau prix réduit sur ma facture?

Les factures reçues après le 27 mars 2013 aurons votre nouveau prix. Il n'y a aucune action à prendre de votre part. Si vous recevez votre facture et n'avez pas reçu votre nouveau prix, s'il vous plaît appelez-nous au 1.877.779.1575.

Pourquoi est-ce queTekSavvy change leurs prix?

TekSavvy change leurs prix en raison d'une décision récente
TekSavvy change leurs prix en raison d'une décision récente du CRTC concernant les taux CBB. Nous essayons également de garder tous nos clients heureux. Cela consiste donc au passage des économies à tous nos clients, nouveaux et existants. Certaines compagnies appellent cela un programme « loyauté ». Nous appelons cela être juste. du CRTC concernant les taux CBB. Nous essayons également de garder tous nos clients heureux. Cela consiste donc au passage des économies à tous nos clients, nouveaux et existants. Certaines compagnies appellent cela un programme « loyauté ». Nous appelons cela être juste.
--
Everything Apple

EdT

join:2009-06-12
Saint-Laurent, QC

4 edits
reply to patb94

I got the email too, but it is not as black and white as simple minded customers have it. If you already with a existing DSL service lets say their DSL 6 Lite, the cost would be lowered to $26.99 from 29.99 in QC. Whereas their DSL 7 FTTN is only $25.99, but you have to pay them an additional $50 activation fee. So in the end you will have to pay an additional $36 for the 7Mbps FTTN service which works out to in actuality to $28.99/month which is still cheaper than the $29.99 you were paying for the 6Mbps service for the first payment year.

I decided to pay them to have the FTTN activation even though I think it is a cash grab on BHell's behalf since most on my street is already with their FTTN service. It would also be beneficial if Teksavvy was to raise their speeds again in the coming years and I will already be on a FTTN connection and forgo the copper to FTTN activation charge.

CMonkey

@parmalat.ca
reply to TSI Jon

said by TSI Jon:

If the price goes down, we will provide notice when it happens, customers do not need to take any action, it will happen automatically when the customer's migration happens.

**We will first roll out new pricing. About a week later we will migrate existing customers to the new packages.

Thank you Jonathan! I received an e-mail informing me that my plan will be automatically moved to DSL15/1 for $32.99.

Thanks for looking after your loyal existing customers!

Good service like this simply confirms why I have chosen TSI over the rest.

Cheers!

ERTW

@teksavvy.com
reply to patb94

said by patb94:

if the price had gone up as of the 20th can you honestly tell me that it would not have been reflected in my invoice on the 22nd?

The last time there was a price increase, that's exactly what they did. I'm on a three month billing cycle and held the older, and lower, price for the remainder of that cycle (despite it taking effect close to, but after the beginning of the cycle). Seems fair enough that it works the same way when the price goes the other way.

The new prices are a pretty significant improvement. Was going to switch to a higher tier for the same price, but unfortunately it appears my exchange is still GAS-only so I'm stuck with what I've got

Owens

join:2013-02-24
Nepean, ON
reply to patb94

This is ridiculous.

I found today's invoice from Teksavvy I was still charged the old price for my DSL 15/1 300GB. Ask Teksavvy Direct that it is because I am having a group discount of $2 so I could not enjoy the new pricing. I was told to remove the group discount first. Isn't the new price applied to all customers? the $2 discount per month causes me losing the $10 savings?

keepasa

join:2007-10-02
Pierrefonds, QC
reply to patb94

Now I'm concerned if referral discounts will stop someone from getting the new prices? Not sure if that's in the same boat as group discounts as the above message.

Let's say one has DSL 6M GAS with 2 referrals and doesn't change any speed. Will he/she get the new prices on top of the referral discount? I understand referral discounts remain as long as customer stays with same speed (Bandwidth changes are ok).

Owens

join:2013-02-24
Nepean, ON

I changed the speed 2 months ago and the referral discount and the group discount kept unchanged.

I called to remove the group discount. I was told I would have the new price with the referral discount remains in the account.

Shoeman1975

join:2011-08-03
Canada
reply to patb94

So when will the new prices be announced for Ontario Cable internet subscribers be?

I may have missed a post as I was away for a couple of weeks, but don't recall seeing anything...

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24

»[Cable] NEW RATES - Rogers
»[Cable] ATPIA - Migration Schedule