join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA
Netgear CM2050V
Netgear RBRE960
Netgear RBSE960

owlyn

MVM

Received Letter Regarding Channel Audit

Got a letter from Comcast stating that I am currently subscribed to Digital Preferred tier (correct), and that due to an error, I am receiving channels that are not included in that tier, and that these additional channels will no longer be available on or about April 15th. They provided a list of the tiers and channels. using that, as well as an (better, easier to use) on line version, near as I can tell, I do NOT have any channels that I shouldn't have.

The only suspects I had were "Crime and Investigation", "Military History Channel", and a bunch of sports channels. I checked, and I
do not have any of these.

I get Starz as part of my package, and have an HBO promo. Those are the only channels outside of what should be provided normally in the tier. Also HD and DVR.

Anyone have any ideas why I got this letter, or what channels may go away? I thought maybe it was just a mistake. Already posted in Comcast Direct. Did not get a usable answer.
Brocktoon
join:2009-08-11
Fairless Hills, PA

Brocktoon

I'm in the same boat, and live in the same area. I got the letter last week stating the same thing. I don't have any premium channels, but I am a Digital Preferred customer. I called Comcast and they said they sent the letter out to everyone, and I will still get all the Preferred channels labeled on the included list. They told me if I wasn't getting any extra channels, to just ignore the letter.

What's interesting is that the Comcast rep couldn't tell me what extra channels people were getting or what they were eliminating. I'm assuming it's just a blanket letter to cover a few people who may have had the wrong package, but I guess we'll find out mid-April

owlyn
MVM
Newtown, PA
Netgear CM2050V
Netgear RBRE960
Netgear RBSE960

owlyn

MVM

said by Brocktoon:

I'm in the same boat, and live in the same area. I got the letter last week stating the same thing. I don't have any premium channels, but I am a Digital Preferred customer. I called Comcast and they said they sent the letter out to everyone, and I will still get all the Preferred channels labeled on the included list. They told me if I wasn't getting any extra channels, to just ignore the letter.

What's interesting is that the Comcast rep couldn't tell me what extra channels people were getting or what they were eliminating. I'm assuming it's just a blanket letter to cover a few people who may have had the wrong package, but I guess we'll find out mid-April

Thanks. I had a hunch they just did an audit of the area, and sent letters to everyone. Some people must be getting the channels I wrotes about. We get everything else except for the premiums and ethnics.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross to owlyn

MVM

to owlyn
It's possible some users may have had account codes that were including different channels, and Comcast is probably consolidating or simplifying codes that could cause some changes.

owlyn
MVM
Newtown, PA
Netgear CM2050V
Netgear RBRE960
Netgear RBSE960

owlyn

MVM

said by andyross:

It's possible some users may have had account codes that were including different channels, and Comcast is probably consolidating or simplifying codes that could cause some changes.

Perhaps, but I do not have any channels I should not have.

robot
join:2003-07-02
Darien, IL

robot to owlyn

to owlyn
I got the same letter. I didn't have any extra channels except Showtime.

Morac
Cat god
join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ

Morac to owlyn

to owlyn
I just got the same letter. It included a channel listing and looking at the list I can't tell if I'm getting additional channels or not. I don't think I am, but the color key is confusing.

I'm assuming Digital Preferred includes the blue, purple (expanded), red (basic) and music choice channels. The only channels not in that range are the Spanish (dark green and orange) and Sports (light green) channels.

I also get HBO, but I subscribe to that.

I have no idea what channels they could be talking about unless some people are accidently getting the Digital Premium tier which includes the premium channels.

owlyn
MVM
Newtown, PA
Netgear CM2050V
Netgear RBRE960
Netgear RBSE960

owlyn

MVM

said by Morac:

I just got the same letter. It included a channel listing and looking at the list I can't tell if I'm getting additional channels or not. I don't think I am, but the color key is confusing.

I'm assuming Digital Preferred includes the blue, purple (expanded), red (basic) and music choice channels. The only channels not in that range are the Spanish (dark green and orange) and Sports (light green) channels.

I also get HBO, but I subscribe to that.

I have no idea what channels they could be talking about unless some people are accidently getting the Digital Premium tier which includes the premium channels.

I interpreted the color key the same way. I also looked online, and compared my actual channels to what I should be getting, and I have no extra channels.

I got an answer on the Comcast Direct forum. Apparently, the letter went out to "everyone" (whoever they may be) in certain areas, whether they actually had wrong channels or not. In any event, it was not individually targeted, and we can ignore it.

So, on or about April 15th when all our channels vanish, I guess we'll be calling