dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
« The roof leak saga.one room ac? »
This is a sub-selection from Underlayment?

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall to CylonRed

MVM

to CylonRed

Re: Underlayment?

His reason isn't a joke.... Wouldn't you like it if a project went smooth, with no stoppages, and having to run after extra stuff ?

When I'm doing something and things are going well, but have to get something, I will break down and go to the hardware store 5 min away and pay 2x the price vs going further to Lowes/HD. Some will argue my time and gas makes up for the 2x cost too....

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin

Mod

said by Hall:

His reason isn't a joke....

I think the "installer" is a joke if there wasn't even a list supplied of the needed materials. The expert should be making the call on the required materials, not a homeowner who has never installed laminate before.

Hall
MVM
Germantown, OH

Hall

MVM

See the 1st response to the OP's post

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed to Hall

MVM

to Hall
said by Hall:

His reason isn't a joke.... Wouldn't you like it if a project went smooth, with no stoppages, and having to run after extra stuff ?

When I'm doing something and things are going well, but have to get something, I will break down and go to the hardware store 5 min away and pay 2x the price vs going further to Lowes/HD. Some will argue my time and gas makes up for the 2x cost too....

Sure it would be nice but the 'professional' installer should know what is needed and how much. How is a layperson supposed to know how much to get or even what to get. This is why installers bring a little extra in their trucks... Supplies...

Hall
MVM
Germantown, OH

Hall

MVM

Safe to presume he's neither a professional or an installer (or if he is, he's doing this strictly as a side job and not using ANY of his supplies).