join:2009-01-16
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to nycdave

Re: [HD] BeIN Sports - Coming this month

said by nycdave:

said by PaulyIzGod:

I tuned to 598 lastnight and I saw soccer, and then I changed the channel because I don't like soccer, but it was working in VHO2.

BeIN channel 598 is live in VHO2....

Dave any news on adding BEIN to Prime HD?

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

said by patt2k:

Dave any news on adding BEIN to Prime HD?

Are you kidding me?

patt2k

no? why would they say that they will be adding add-on option to prime hd for example ? why should I pay much more only if I want this sports package as an add-on?

Are you kidding me?

blue_trooper

join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

said by patt2k:

why would they say that they will be adding add-on option to prime hd for example ?

When/where did they say that?

The release was pretty clear; Bein HD on Ultimate, Bein Espanol HD on La Conexion and the Spanish language package.

wickedny5

join:2004-09-17
Flushing, NY

said by blue_trooper:

said by patt2k:

why would they say that they will be adding add-on option to prime hd for example ?

The release was pretty clear; Bein HD on Ultimate, Bein Espanol HD on La Conexion and the Spanish language package.

Heather is manager at media relations and is the one who posted the announcement for beIN on the verizon community website. She also posted a note from Ben Grad a director of content acquisition and programming for verizon.
He says in the note:
"Plus, in the coming weeks we expect to offer Extreme, Prime and other FiOS TV customers who are sports fans a way to access beIN SPORT without upgrading their packages to Ultimate. We hope to have more to tell you about that soon!"

Heather posted that note on the announcement page, her post is the 4th post from the bottom.
Here is the link: »forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-at···SNTWT_VF

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY

They might add it to the Sports Package then which is avaialble to people without Ultimate.

patt2k

Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to wickedny5

said by wickedny5:

said by blue_trooper:

said by patt2k:

Heather is manager at media relations and is the one who posted the announcement for beIN on the verizon community website. She also posted a note from Ben Grad a director of content acquisition and programming for verizon.
He says in the note:
"Plus, in the coming weeks we expect to offer Extreme, Prime and other FiOS TV customers who are sports fans a way to access beIN SPORT without upgrading their packages to Ultimate. We hope to have more to tell you about that soon!"

Heather posted that note on the announcement page, her post is the 4th post from the bottom.
Here is the link: »forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-at···SNTWT_VF

Finally a first person that knows what I am talking about and is actually nice about it. Care to show me link where Ben Grad wrote that about being able to add it to Prime HD?

Cheers! I would rep you if I could.

NVM: found it THanks man will def wait until they let us upgrade on Prime HD , I only watch enough tv but this would be amazing with a cable card on MY PC . Cheers!

help

@verizon.net

We upgraded to ultimate after seeing it come back on the guide and available channel. FIOS said it would be active in 20 minutes but that was about 2 hours ago. Did it take this long for anyone else and do we have to do anything like reset the box? I am in Nassau County, NY

tnsprin

join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by help :

We upgraded to ultimate after seeing it come back on the guide and available channel. FIOS said it would be active in 20 minutes but that was about 2 hours ago. Did it take this long for anyone else and do we have to do anything like reset the box? I am in Nassau County, NY

Often you have to reboot or at least refresh the guide in order for newly added channels to appear.

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY
reply to help

Are any of the other channels in Ultimate viewable? If not then they didn't activate it yet. Call them again.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast

For those wanting the Spanish version - definitely log on to your account and try adding the package.

I remember back when I had service, they were always offering it to me either half price or for 3 months free. Even at 50% off, it was still only $6. Depending on your love of soccer, $6/mo is more than worth it.

The beIN channels are fantastic. They've really worked on expanding their overall coverage the past few months.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

hdspts

@bellsouth.net
reply to matcarl

beinsport1 and beinsport-n are actually complementary stations scheduling different matches (with the exception of when Barcelona and Real Madrid play). Both are broadcast with English and Spanish commentary. Can anyone who receives these stations tell mee if SAP works for either of them? (My guess is that channel 598 only has English commentary and 1538 only has Spanish..I hope I am wrong).

These two stations should be available in both packages in English (Ultimate) or Spanish (La Connexion) depending on the package subscribed to, just like other bi-lingual stations such as GOLTV and Fox Deportes.

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by hdspts :

These two stations should be available in both packages in English (Ultimate) or Spanish (La Connexion) depending on the package subscribed to, just like other bi-lingual stations such as GOLTV and Fox Deportes.

///// Unless, of course, if it gives the provider (VZ) the opportunity to further gouge the end users.
said by hdspts :

(My guess is that channel 598 only has English commentary and 1538 only has Spanish..I hope I am wrong).

goto /////
--
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".

blue_trooper

join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA
reply to help

said by help :

We upgraded to ultimate after seeing it come back on the guide and available channel. FIOS said it would be active in 20 minutes but that was about 2 hours ago. Did it take this long for anyone else and do we have to do anything like reset the box?

I recently upgraded to Ultimate and it took a couple of days, but then that's what they told me on the phone when I upgraded. I didn't have to do anything to the boxes.