dslx_nick
ISP Employee
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick to kenjai7373

ISP Employee

to kenjai7373

Re: Introducing DSL Extreme Fusion Broadband + Phone

That is curious; the line is working *better* overnight (and I doubt that the lights turning on somehow make the line run better than when they're turned off!). It's not a slow, gradual change, so I don't think it's an overall temperature change; there's a marked drop at 7am which goes away at 7pm. Frankly don't know what would be turning on and off at those times, and if you had a TV or other piece of equipment that were running during those times I'm sure you would've mentioned. It's possible it might be something else turning on further upstream, like maybe a nearby business running a piece of equipment. At any rate, if you powercycle (turn off, turn back on) your modem after 7pm, you'll probably see better speeds than earlier in the day.
kenjai7373
join:2013-02-02
El Monte, CA

kenjai7373

could it be the router problem? in the beginning it always sync above 4500, maximum at 5100. now its max is 4607 during the hours u mention, then drops to 4000 right now.

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

said by kenjai7373:

could it be the router problem? in the beginning it always sync above 4500, maximum at 5100. now its max is 4607 during the hours u mention, then drops to 4000 right now.

No, unless you're using a combo modem/router and you're doing something *very* unusual with it. This is something else causing strain on the line, which is why I'm asking about anything else turning on or changing at 7am that stops at 7pm in your area.
kenjai7373
join:2013-02-02
El Monte, CA

kenjai7373

im using the 2wire 2701hg-b combo modem/router and just using the same settings as always. now the max sync is 4096. cant think of the cause for the massive drop in just a week.