Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal to MisterP

MVM

to MisterP

Re: [Signals] Zoom 5341J users: Slow ramp-up to full speed?

I have the 5341J and do not experience any buffering with 1080p YouTube videos or streaming anything else 1080p.

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG

Premium Member

Same here. OP, is that a direct hardwired connection to the modem ? Could it also be the NIC ?
MisterP
join:2012-10-11
US

MisterP

Direct GB Ethernet connection yes. All other variables are the same when I tested both modems down to the ethernet cable used. My setup has not changed.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT

PeteC2 to Johkal

MVM

to Johkal
said by Johkal:

I have the 5341J and do not experience any buffering with 1080p YouTube videos or streaming anything else 1080p.

No You Tube buffering issues all here either with the 5341J through my EA4500 router wireless to the computer.

On performance tier, with any speed tests, I get an immediate burst through the 30s/40s, gradually settling down to the normal 22Mbps down, upstream ramps up steadily to 4.5Mbps.

This is much the same as I would get from my TM722G eMTA, so I do not suspect any problems with the Zoom modem.
MisterP
join:2012-10-11
US

MisterP

I wonder why mine ramps up then? You can clearly see in the top picture that it takes a bit to get to the ~36Mbps Powerboosted Blast speed. It's not running hot either. I have it sitting out unobstructed in an average ambient temp room around 72F and I blow it out every few months or so. Like I said everything else is good; wiring, up and down stream signals, etc. Ugh... annoys me to no end.

So you get around 4.5 on your up too Pete? I thought that was a sorry excuse for PB from CC but they disclaim that uploads are not guaranteed due to the technology of RF bandwidth. Sometimes it PBs up to almost 6 and sometimes I barely crack 4.